Wash Line-Prep Team 1st Shift Job in ABB
Wash Line-Prep Team 1st Shift
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Pay Range: $16.00 – $18.80 (Based on a progression pay scale) Shift Premium: $.20 for 2nd shift & $.30 3rd shift
- Functions as a member of an area team that is directly responsible for efficient productions of quality products in the required quantities.
- Load the washer with various parts to ensure assemblers have all parts needed to assemble motor.
- Read and comprehending diagrams and verify parts that are needed to assemble the motor.
- Requires basic computer skills and ability to use/learn Shop Floor Display system.
- Requires an understanding of flex flow and day and rank system and able to comprehend all written instructions.
- Ability to do defect free work by assembling components accurately and meet minimum production guide lines for the area.
- Communicate with other operators or supervisors to discuss any part or equipment defects. Identify and order appropriate supplies, parts, and tools as needed.
- This job requires strong communication, interpersonal and team building skills to support site objectives. Production operators will be trained to perform task/jobs in other areas of production.
- Place safety in the workplace above all else and follow safety guidelines along with reporting safety issues.
- Daily housekeeping.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- Stable work history that demonstrates reliability or in lieu of work history will consider vocational/ technical high school and college courses and military service.
- Previous motor experience preferred.
- Must pass a drug screen and background check.
- Candidates must have a work authorization that would permit them to work in the United States.
- ABB’s first priority is the safety of our employees. To ensure a safe workplace, the ability to read, speak and write English proficiently is an essential function of all roles.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this rule.
- Working overtime is an essential function of this role.
- Specialized skills or other requirements:
- Steady work history
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Adaptable to change and ability to cross-train
- Detailed oriented
- Must be able to work any shift
- Must be able to operate a forklift
- Physical Demands:
- Requires repetitive pushing, reaching, pulling, grabbing, bending and twisting motions.
- Operate will constantly grip various sizes of components.
- Lifting up to 30lbs.
- Understand and use all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Operator will constantly use fine finger manipulation to accomplish tasks.
- Able to work 40hrs a week and required overtime
- Ability to think independently while successfully functioning in a team environment
- Able to perform task in a manufacturing environment
- Standing on concrete floor
- Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job.
- “ABB is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristics protected by law.”
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Work model: remote #LI-remote Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid Work model: on site #LI-onsite