Warehouse Worker Nights Union
What You Need To Know
Open your future to incredible career potential. Work for an industry-leader who invests in their people. Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits is North America’s preeminent wine and spirits distributor, as well as a family-owned, privately held company with a 50+ year legacy of success. We were named by Newsweek as a Most Loved Workplace and are included on the Forbes lists for Largest Private Companies and Best Employers for Diversity.
Southern Glazer’s offers a competitive compensation package with a pay rate of $27.90 / hour. In determining a final offer, the company will evaluate a specific candidates education, skills and experience and will make an offer appropriately.
As a full-time employee, you can choose from a full menu of our Top Shelf Benefits, including comprehensive medical and prescription drug coverage, dental and vision plans, tax-saving Flexible Spending Accounts, disability coverage, life insurance plans, and a 401(k) plan. We also offer tuition reimbursement, a wellness program, parental leave, vacation accrual, paid sick leave, and more.
At Southern Glazer’s, you’ll enjoy an environment where continuous learning and growth are supported and experience a culture where you are respected, and your voice is heard. If you’re looking to fill your glass with opportunity, come join our FAMILY.
The Warehouse Worker is responsible for completing shipments by processing requests and supply orders pulling materials packing boxes placing orders in the delivery area driving truck or van to and from vendors completing preventive maintenance requirements on truck and van arranging for repairs collecting stock location orders and printing requests.
- Assist in receiving dock operations by loading or unloading shipments
- Mechanically use a forklift, pallet jacks, or order- picker, using a full range of peripheral vision to operate such equipment safely
- Place and/or pull stock from storage areas of the warehouse
- Ensure that the wheels of all trucks being unloaded have their wheels chocked before unloading begins
- Pick cases from bulk locations to fill forward pick locations
- Stock forward pick locations in the bottle room and the full case line in a neat and orderly manner
- Restock bottle and case returns from customer orders
- Pick VIA orders for Salesmen and Customers
- Stores out of place product, 360 products, and 370 products as directed by the supervisor
- Sort pallets by size
- Handling of broken cases to include the re-boxing of good bottles and sending the broken ones to the dump location
- Leave equipment in good working order and free of all trash for the next shift
- Ensure the cleanliness of an assigned area of the warehouse
- Perform all duties in a safe manner
- Wear all company issued safety equipment
- Report any damage to the equipment and building to a supervisor as soon as it happens
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Additional Primary Responsibilities
- 1 year of experience
- Experience operating warehouse equipment such as forklift, pallet jack, and battery change station
- Physical demands include a considerable amount of time walking, bending, reaching, standing, squatting, and stooping
- Must be able to regularly sit and operate machinery such as a forklift
- May require working at heights of 8 feet or greater
- Additional hours may be required during October, November, and December and other peak periods
- Must be able to frequently lift/lower, push, carry, or pull 56lbs
Southern Glazers Wine and Spirits, an Affirmative Action/EEO employer, prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Southern Glazers Wine and Spirits provides competitive compensation based on estimated performance level consistent with the past relevant experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and education of employees. Unless otherwise expressly stated, any pay ranges posted here are estimates from outside of Southern Glazers Wine and Spirits and do not reflect Southern Glazers pay bands or ranges.