Warehouse Picker/Packer Job in Cooper-Friedman
For over 50 years, Cooper Electric has provided the New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania markets with expert electrical supply, service capabilities and customer solutions. Established in 1961, as a family-owned business, Cooper Electric grew to 12 strategically placed branches by 1998. In 1999, we joined the Sonepar USA family which is made up of the finest electrical supply distributors in the United States. To better serve our customers, today we have nearly 60 supply locations and warehouse distribution centers throughout the tri-state area, and approximately 1,000 dedicated employees. Cooper provides exceptional products and services to a variety of markets.
Cooper Electric is a proud member of the Sonepar Group, the worlds largest privately held electrical distributor. Sonepar entered the US in 1998 and has continued to grow due to strategic acquisitions and organic growth. Today, Sonepar USA is represented by 14 locally managed operating companies with over 700 locations nationwide.
We are currently recruiting for a 2nd shift (5:00pm start time), Warehouse Associate who will be responsible for utilizing customer tickets to pull orders accurately and timely. Other responsibilities may include
- Contribute to daily inbound warehouse operations.
- Receive, check-in and put away stock quickly and accurately.
- Replenish picking locations.
- Conduct accurate cycle counts.
- Daily use of technology including RF scanners
- Daily use of power industrial equipment
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, organized, and positive warehouse environment.
- Ability to stand and move throughout the warehouse in various temperatures.
- Ability to frequently lift, push, and slide packages that typically weigh up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to operate computers and/or relevant warehouse computer software.
- Ability to work full-time, 35 hours per week. Shift starts at 5:00pm (Monday through Friday).
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Attention to detail and good time management skills.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to effectively communicate and interact professionally with team members. Prior warehouse experience is preferred, however training will be provided.
Join our team! Cooper offers a competitive starting rate of $16.50/hour, outstanding benefits package and the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.