Warehouse Associate Job in Barrett Distribution Centers
ABOUT BARRETT DISTRIBUTION:
Since 1941, Barrett Distribution has provided customized third-party logistics, omni-channel distribution, and direct-to-consumer fulfillment services for customers in a variety of industries. Our growing company is home to over 1400 employees throughout the United States, with key logistics centers in Greater Boston, New Jersey, New York, Baltimore, Memphis, Dallas, and California.
At Barrett, we truly value our employees and culture, and realize that the way to attract and retain the very best workforce is by providing competitive compensation, excellent benefits and a gain-share program that every employee participates in.
If you’re skilled at what you do, thrive in collaborative, team-first environments, and are looking for a home in a company that promotes from within and invests in its employees, Barrett Distribution is the place for you!
This shift works 7:00AM-3:45PM, Monday-Friday.
The pay range for this role is $35,000/yr, depending on experience.
The Warehouse Associate, reporting to the Supervisor/Operations Manager, is responsible for the accurate storing, shipping, and receiving of product to meet company standards of safety, security, inventory accuracy, and productivity.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Consistently applies Barrett’s core values of Always Better, Utmost Integrity, Dedication to the Customer, I am an Owner, and Open and Honest relationships in all interactions and decision making. Is responsible for knowing and acting in accordance with Barrett’s vision to WOW our customers, partners, and fellow employees with every interaction.
- Accurately and efficiently performs various warehouse activities, including but not limited to moving, stocking, receiving, shipping, loading and unloading, and packing outbound warehouse merchandise.
- Locate, load, and unload by hand and with motorized and non-motorized equipment, customer product onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves according to established work procedures, standards, methods, and safety requirements.
- Utilize RF scanners, automated pick robot, or other technology when applicable to process warehouse transactions.
- Maintain high levels of inventory accuracy through count after pick, cycle count, and annual PIs.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe work environment.
- Follow all Barrett policies and procedures as it pertains to safety, sanitation, and order processing.
- Handles basic issues and problems and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school/GED preferred.
Previous warehouse experience preferred.
Ability to read, write and communicate in English (Bilingual Spanish/English skills preferred).
Must be able to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals.
Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Barrett Distribution Centers is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.