Professional Plastics, a leading distributor of high-performance engineering plastic shapes, is currently offering great career opportunities in the plastics industry. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 21 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan.
Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits. We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team.
Summary: We are currently seeking a reliable, hardworking warehouse associate to join our team. In this position, you will perform various warehouse activities as well as receive, input, sort, load, and unload products. You will organize stock, maintain inventory, and process, pack, and ship orders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following, as well as other duties that may be assigned.
- Receiving – Unload incoming shipments, compare documents for accuracy and notify the appropriate personnel of any discrepancies or damage. Identify and store material accordingly.
- Order Fulfillment – Using appropriate paperwork, locate, pull and stage material for shipment.
- Shipping – Package materials, follow shipping method requested and submit paperwork upon completion.
- Will Call – Ability to assist all Will Call and Walk-in customers.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment notify management of any issues or concerns.
- Operate saw to cut materials to specified dimensions
Minimum Qualifications: To perform the job successfully, the individual must have the following minimum qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency in standard office and warehouse equipment
- Knowledge of warehouse functions and processes
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years experience in a warehouse role
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
Physical Demands (Warehouse/Machine Shop): The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands or arms and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Work Environment (Warehouse/Machine Shop): The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. Certain areas of the work environment may have elevated noise levels and require hearing protection.
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K Plan
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Job Type: Full-time