USA – Warehouse Operator – Textile-Quality Operator Job in DSV
DSV – Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the worlds 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
Location: USA – Invista, Lugoff (Highway 1 South)
Job Posting Title: USA – Warehouse Operator – Textile-Quality Operator
Time Type: Full Time
Roles, Responsibilities and Expectation (RRE’s)
BCF Quality Operator (Doffer)
Job Specific Responsibilities
The following information is intended to be representative of the essential functions performed by incumbents in this position and is not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific task or function will not preclude it from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical extension of position responsibilities. Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) relating to this job title must be reviewed by the employee assigned to perform this job.
- Enters IPA# into the computer for scanning the tubes and opening and closing the quads.
- Controls 8 to 10 positions and removes the tubes (15-20 lbs.) of yarn when they doff every 15-30 minutes depending on the type of yarn.
- Ties the yarn ends off and carries the tubes (10-12 ft.) over to be placed onto the dollies.
- Replaces clean undamaged tubes onto the station for the spinner to start the machine back up.
- Pushes the dollies (approximately 500-550 lbs. fully loaded) 25-30 ft. away for the quads to be wrapped.
- Takes a brush and fluffs area by sweeping up all the loose yarn on the floor and equipment.
- Must be able to handle lifting tubes of yarn (15-20 lbs.) from around knee high to slightly overhead. In a 12-hour shift each doffer will handle approximately 650-700 tubes of yarn.
- Must be able/willing to work 12-hr rotating shifts
- Must be able to inspect tubes for defects before placing them on the dollies.
- Must be able to push full dollies (approximately 500-550 lbs. fully loaded) 25-30 ft.
- Must be able to tie off the yarn ends on every tube that doffs
- Must be able to distinguish between colors.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – safety glasses, steel-toed shoes, earplugs as required
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with DSV, please contact Human Resources at [email protected] If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 75,000 employees in more than 90 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
Read more at www.dsv.com