Travel Sales Specialist Job in Macs Adventure
We are currently looking for energetic individuals with a passion for active adventure travel to join our team the USA in a number of Travel Sales Specialist roles (known internally as Destination & Adventure Specialists) on a full-time basis for immediate start. Roles are based at our Colorado office (once reopened), remotely at home or at a co-working space convenient to you.
Working alongside the other talented members of the Macs Sales team the Destination & Adventure Specialist role is to ensure that the customer has an unforgettable experience throughout their journey with Macs Adventure from initial enquiry to post trip feedback. With your extensive knowledge and experience of the activities and destinations we offer you will seek to understand customer needs, communicate the Macs Adventure brand values, match customers with the perfect trip, close the sale and support customers at every touch point. Ensuring that they have a fantastic experience and return again and again.
We are currently recruiting for Destination & Adventure Specialists for the following regions:
- United Kingdom
- Western Europe including Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Germany & Switzerland
This is a great opportunity to join an ambitious, digital first, fast-growing international business, progress your career in adventure travel sales and live your passion for travel.
Macs Adventure is an adventure tour operator arranging transformative active travel experiences for independently minded people interested in the world around them.
We employ over 50 adventurous, fun, personal, active people who give a sh*t, across the UK, US and Germany who share our purpose: To connect people and make a positive impact on the planet through adventure travel.
We are on a mission to be the World’s leading active travel company, be a great place to work, deliver outstanding customer experiences, make an impact and be profitable.
Covid 19 was difficult for Macs Adventure, but our extensive range of domestic trips and recent investment mean that Macs is back to strong trading and fast growth.
Working across our international markets the sales team, who are responsible for the entire customer journey, is a key driver of the fast international growth of Macs Adventure. Made up of Travel Sales Specialists, Sales Managers and Adventure Sales Support our sales team is a customer focused, passionate, organised, competitive, resilient and persuasive group with a hands-on attitude who make things happen together. Internally the sales team works closely with the operations, product, marketing and customer service teams. Key external relationships include our customers, travel agents and trade partners and suppliers.
Your day-to-day role will include:
- Following up on warm enquiries.
- Building rapport and understanding the needs of your customers.
- Preparing quotes and customizing them to ensure they meet the needs of your customers.
- Following up on and converting quotes to bookings.
- Working with our internal operations team and our supplier partners (tour operators, DMC’s, hotels and more) to ensure that your customer’s trip is arranged to perfectly meet their needs.
- Supporting your customers with all pre, during and post trip questions, amendments and issues.
- Connecting with your customers pre and post trip to ensure all goes to plan and listening to their feedback to ensure we continually improve our trips.
- Building relationships with our customers that ensure they return again and again.
- Ensuring that every detail of your customers trip is perfectly organized and documented, including the administrative tasks this involves.
Who are we looking for?
- You have a passion for active and adventure travel with extensive experience and knowledge of the destinations and activities we offer.
- Experience in sales or customer facing roles where you have demonstrated your ability to understand customer needs, propose solutions, overcome objections and close sales.
- Outstanding customer service and problem-solving skills.
- An excellent eye for detail and administrative skills.
- Able to multitask, prioritise and establish deadlines to ensure competing objectives are met.
- Interpersonal and team skills which enable you to build great relationships internally and externally.
- Highly confident, competent and articulate individual who can communicate professionally across all levels.
- Able to work under pressure, motivated to achieve targets and demonstrate a positive attitude
- Learning orientated
- Resilient and flexible
- A hands on individual willing to go the extra mile for customers, colleagues and the business.
- You share our values:
- Be Adventurous
- Have fun
- Give a Sh*t
- It’s personal
- Stay Active
Macs Adventure is a great place to work, with an engaged group of staff, an excellent work environment and the opportunity to make a difference. We have high expectations of our team, and in return we give back to make sure you can do your job well and enjoy yourself while you’re at it. We want our staff to be adventurous, active, take it personally, have fun and give a sh*t. (If those dont resonate, we are probably not for you).
If you are looking for a challenging, fast paced environment, where you are learning everyday (sometimes faster than is comfortable) and can make a real difference and build an impactful career then Macs will be a great fit for you. We are looking for passionate individuals with ambition to share our vision and passion for creating a business that connects people with transformative active travel experiences across the world.
Some of the things you can expect when you join our team:
- Comprehensive onboarding including sales, product and systems training.
- Ongoing training and development throughout your career.
- Regular fam trips to your specialist destinations
- Work your way up a career path with extra responsibilities and salary increases on achieving promotion.
- This is a great role to progress your career in travel sales.
The starting salary for a Destination and Adventure Specialist is $40,000, increasing to $44,000 after successful completion of your initial six month training and onboarding period. During your initial six month training period we would expect you to make $2,500 commission, if you do not achieve this we will top your earnings to this level when you pass your onboarding.
After your initial training and onboarding period you can expect OTE of between $55,000 and $60,000 per annum. Our experienced high performing senior specialists earn between $70,000 and $80,000 after two years+ with Macs Adventure.
- Initially 15 days PTO increasing to 20 days after 6 years’ service, plus federal holidays
- An extra day off on your birthday
- 80% Employer paid health insurance
- Optional enrollment in the company 401 (K) plan after 6 months
- Great discounts on Macs Adventure trips
- A flexible work culture. You choose office, home or co-working mix
- Regular team and company meetings
- An innovative, fast growth, international and solution focused culture
- Regular learning and development opportunities
- A clear and exciting career progression pathway
- The opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives and the planet.
Some of the things we expect from you:
- At least two years in a fast-paced customer facing travel sales or sales environment
- Excellent sales, communication and customer service skills.
- A passion for active and adventure travel
- In depth knowledge and experience of travelling, living or working in the destinations we offer trips
- The flexibility to work some evening and weekend shifts (up to six weekends/year)
- You are based in Colorado and legally permitted to work in the USA (We may consider strong out of state candidates, depending on location)
Does this sound like your dream job? Please send your CV, an awesome cover letter to [email protected] explaining why you would be a perfect match for this role.
We look forward to you joining us on our adventure.
To keep our team safe we are currently working remotely, in line with government guidance, and the interview and onboarding process will be done via Teams or Zoom.