Training Support Specialist Job in AK Child & Family
Are you someone that enjoys training? Understands that quality program driven training sustains operations and supports agency growth. If so, we have just the spot for you!
The Training Support Specialist (TSS) works with the Training Manager to assess, develop, design, and implement the agencys training needs. Support for all agency training initiatives, with particular emphasis on programmatic training needs, to sustain operations is provided.
- Works collaboratively with supervisory staff to help facilitate growth and development
- The TSS works collaboratively with the Training Manager, Training Specialist II, and HR Department to promote core competencies of all staff. Core competencies include participation in orientation, on-the-job skill development, supervisory skill development, leadership programming development, and ad hoc training needs as developed in cooperation with program directors.
- Maintains training database and record keeping, thereby ensuring timely and accurate records are in place; this includes keeping track of and reporting on compliance related training standards.
- The TSS maintains strong and positive working relationships with external vendors/resources to support agency training needs in a cost-effective manner.
- The TSS assists in scheduling and coordinating external speakers (e.g., all-staff presenters), and supports staff in coordinating conference registration and travel arrangements as requested.
- A necessary part of this position is ensuring adequate materials are available which necessarily includes copying and printing resources.
- The TSS supports the Training Manager in other duties to include grant funded support services as instructed
All positions at AK Child & Family may have responsibilities altered during the course of employment due to agency imperatives.
AK Child & Family practices the Sanctuary Model which is
A non-hierarchical, highly participatory, trauma-informed and evidence-supported whole culture approach, which helps the organization function in a safe, democratic and socially responsible manner and thereby provide effective treatment for clients and the community. We expect all of our employees, families and students to learn, understand and implement this model as part of their daily responsibilities and commitment to the culture of this agency.
All employees with AK Child & Family are required to be in compliance with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid COVID vaccine mandate. The mandate requires that by 2/14/22, staff at all health care facilities must have received their first dose of a 2-shot series (Moderna or Pfizer, currently) or a single dose of a 1-shot vaccine (Johnson and Johnson, currently) with the exception of those that have sought and been granted an exemption to the COVID mandate. Staff must complete this step before they can provide any care, treatment or other services for the facility and/or its patients. By 3/15/22, all staff with the exception of those that have sought and been granted an exemption to the COVID mandate, must complete the primary vaccination series.
- Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, & Vision
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Group Life and AD&D
- Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – 13 hours/month in 1st year and then increases
- 2 Floating Holidays/year
- 6 Observed Holidays: double-time pay for working on the Holiday
- Bonuses: Longevity & Referral
- Educational Support Program
- $47,000 +DOE
- Bonus in the amount of 1.5% of annual salary after successful completion of 6-month Intro Period and another at the 1-year anniversary.
- Annual raises are based on the annual budget and not guaranteed each year.
Supervision and Coordination of Services:
- The Training Support Specialist reports directly to the Training Manager.
- The TSS assists and supports the Training Specialist II at the direction of the Training Manager though primary responsibilities are toward meeting AK Child & Family employee, supervisor, and leadership training needs; this position may require a willingness and ability to travel locally.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The ability to adhere to and uphold Sanctuary principles, particularly the Seven Commitments (Non-violence, Emotional Intelligence, Social Learning, Democracy, Open Communication, Social Responsibility, and Growth & Change) is imperative.
- Knowledge of and experience with database management and accurate/efficient data entry into a Learning Management System (e.g. Relias) or similar experience combined with strong organizational skills is essential.
- The ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written forms together with strong interpersonal skills and enthusiasm presenting material is necessary in order to both provide effective training, in large and small group settings, and facilitate effective record keeping.
- Knowledge of varied multimedia training delivery platforms and/or a willingness to adapt to such resources is required.
- Experience and demonstrated understanding/knowledge of Children’s Behavioral Health matters is highly desirable.
- Understanding and application of adult learning theory is necessary.
- The TSS must possess the ability to problem-solve and engage in collaboration with others in order to meet agency training needs.
Education and experience:
- The Training Support Specialist must have demonstrable training experience and/or in-depth knowledge.
- An Associate or Baccalaureate degree in Education, Social Sciences, Human Resources, Organizational Development or a related field combined with at least six months direct experience is preferable, or
- In lieu of educational requirements a High School Diploma or equivalent and two years of direct training provision may be considered.
- The TSS must be able to effectively and efficiently operate a personal computer and communication devices and utilize a copy machine (44) inches high.
- The position involves transporting and lifting material up to thirty-five (35) pounds between sites
- An ability to drive between loca?tions in Anchorage is required.
- Ability to operate a vehicle in the State of Alaska is required.