As a member of the Investment Team, the Trader is responsible for processing trades in client accounts consistent with Savants investment strategy and supporting the trading functions of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Trader can expect to focus in the following areas:
- Process trades in client accounts consistent with Savants investment strategy.
- Upload and place trade orders through custodians as well as process trades via telephone and fax contacts.
- Be a specialist in utilizing the trading software.
- Setup and maintain client cash and investment model information in the trading software.
- Assist with new client implementation and trading queue questions.
- Assist with third-party trading relationships.
- Conduct investment/portfolio research, analyze data and provide recommendations as requested.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Savants investment philosophy, portfolio construction and appropriate model securities.
- Prepare and update as necessary documentation for processing trades.
- Provide consistent, thorough and accurate communication to all parties involved with trading requests.
- Support the investment research team as needed.
- Maintain team approach by assisting and filling in for others.
- Perform other duties as requested.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the incumbent in this position.
The Trader position typically requires the following qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or Mathematics preferred
- 1-5 years proven success in a similar role
- Series 65 License within 12 months of being in this role
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, as well as investment and reporting software
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Client first attitude
- A team player, collaborative, able to work with and through others
Any combination of equivalent education and work experience will be considered.
Savant Capital, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer