Apply Here Job Description :Last Date For Apply: 2024-02-21 00:00:00 Job Type : FULL_TIME, Employment Type : FULL_TIMEApply Here
- This job reports to Director of Technology.
- This is a Full Time (260 day,7.5 hr per day) benefits eligible position.
- The starting salary for this position is $43,233 – $71,294. Salary will be commensurate with full time, parallel years of experience.
- Assists site staff with audio/visual setup/tear down for presentations for the purpose of providing technical assistance before/during/after presentations as needed.
- Assists users via remote connection (e.g. device training, projections software, audio visuals, etc.) for the purpose of troubleshooting and/or resolving workstation issues.
- Attends school site and departmental meetings for the purpose of providing and/or gathering information relating to job functions.
- Installs computer hardware, peripherals, and application software for the purpose of maintaining and updating overall site operations (classrooms, library, theaters, computer labs, etc.).
- Maintains manual and electronic documents, files and records (e.g. preventive maintenance, purchases, inspections, repair logs, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, conveying information and/or providing an up-to-date reference and audit trail.
- Performs basic network troubleshooting (e.g. switches, wireless fiber audio visual, email filter, student devices, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining critical site operations.
- Prepares status reports, user guides and related materials for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information.
- Repairs computers, peripherals, and electronic equipment (e.g. television systems, projectors, video cameras/recorders, electronic controllers, theater systems, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining equipment in a safe and functional operating condition.
- Responds to a variety of questions from site staff, parents and students for the purpose of providing information, guidance or referral.
- Supports classroom activities for technology related classes (e.g. Applied Technology, Performing Arts, Library Media Center and Telecommunications, etc.) for the purpose of providing information regarding procedures, processes and safety.
- Trains school site staff on a variety of software applications and hardware operations (e.g. email, student grading, word processing, spread sheet applications, etc.) for the purpose of providing ongoing support and maximizing the capabilities of assigned staff.
- Utilizes a work ticketing system for the purpose of receiving work orders from staff, for communicating progress at task completion, and closing tickets.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Location:Technology Support Specialist, Blue Springs School District
The job of Technical Support Specialist/Technology is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the educational process with specific responsibilities for integrating technology to enhance the learning environment installing and maintaining computer hardware and software providing technical support to site administrators, staff and students and resolving school site operational issues.
SKILLS are required to perform multiple, technical tasks with a need to routinely upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: utilizing diagnostic and application software adhering to safety practices and maintaining accurate records.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, precents, and/or ratios read a variety of manuals, write documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others and solve practical problems. Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: electronics analysis multi-platform operating systems and personal computers appropriate system security associated peripheral equipment and troubleshooting methodologies.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities, meetings, and/or events gather, collate, and/or classify data and consider a variety of factors when using equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a wide variety of circumstances work with data utilizing defined but different processes and operate equipment using a variety of standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a wide diversity of individuals work with a variety of data and utilize a wide variety of types of job-related equipment. Problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data requires independent interpretation of guidelines and problem solving with equipment is significant. Specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adapting to changing work priorities establishing effective working relationships displaying mechanical aptitude communicating with technologically diverse groups being attentive to detail and working under time constraints.
Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision following standardized practices and/or methods leading, guiding, and/or coordinating others operating within a defined budget. Utilization of resources from other work units is often required to perform the jobs functions. There is a continual opportunity to impact the organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the jobs functions require the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, significant stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 20% sitting, 40% walking, and 40% standing. The job is performed under conditions with exposure to risk of injury and/or illness and in a clean atmosphere.
Experience: Job related experience is required.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to the Blue Springs School District. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Certifications and Licenses
Continuing Education Training
Criminal Background Check, Family Care Safety Registry