TECHNICIAN ASST – CASE
Assists the QC department or one or more of the following technicians Surimi technicians, fillet technicians, roe technician, fish meal or fish oil technicians as well as processes seafood product on board a factory trawler, processing vessel, or catcher processor by performing the following duties.
- Cleans, scraps, trims and fillets product.
- Opens and removes raw materials and places on belts.
- Segregates product on conveyor belt or table according to grade, color, and size, and places product in containers or on designated conveyors.
- Separates and Discards cull (inferior or defective) items and foreign matters.
- Weighs, labels and packs product in boxes, barrels, baskets, or crates for storage or shipment.
- Operates machine(s) to move live or packed seafood from place to place.
- Handbutchers whole fish or fillets, bleeds and cuts fish using a knife.
- Clears physical blockages of jammed processing machines.
- Places and pulls freezer pans or trays holding frozen product into freezers by hand or with the use of a work aid.
- Moves the various packed and frozen product stacked in the freezer by conveyor or by hand onto pallets or nets for offloading.
- Assits the QC department or of any the techinicians with any tasks assigned.
- Reviews workspace for cleanliness and safety.
- Understands and adheres to all GMP & safety procedures associated with the specific processing jobs assigned.
- Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned.
- Assist in all loading and unloading operations at the start and end of all trips.
No experience in this particular field is necessary, but a reliable work history is required.
Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places fumes or airborne particles toxic or caustic chemicals outside weather conditions risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand walk use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit climb or balance stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must be able to climb or descend one or more set of steep stairs or vertical ladders both inside or outside in all weather conditions. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision and depth perception. May be required to distinguish shades of color to identify abnormalities and/or defects in food products.
Must be capable of boarding and departing (exiting) a vessel without assistance by moving up or climbing a gangplank, the stern ramp of a vessel and/or a vertical ladder. Must be capable of boarding/departing the vessel by being lifted in a crane or man-lift. May also enter and exit a skiff from a dock, plane, or a boat unassisted. Must meet at designated locations to receive instructions and place on a life jacket and an immersion suit without assistance in oneminute or less. Must also move quickly without assistance to any designated life boat station.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use teamwork skills. The employee will occasionally use interpersonal and customer service skills. The employee will occasionally perform basic math and read, speak andwrite English. The employee will frequently need to understand spoken English.
Trident Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Affirmative Action – Minority, Female, Disability, Veteran