Technical Records Specialist 2 – Background Investigator
State of Idaho Opportunity
Provides technical support for programs and organizational activities to convey information, determine compliance, and resolve difficult situations uses expertise in the implementation and maintenance of technical program guidelines perform related work.
Incumbents perform complex and difficult program support functions for multiple or highly specialized programs.
- Incumbents have the authority, knowledge, and judgment to devise solutions that fall outside existing policies and procedures.
- This work requires problem solving and negotiation skills with authority to act on decisions made.
- Incumbents serve as a program expert and provide guidance and assistance regarding complex program rules and regulations to office staff and external customers.
- Due to the nature of the work, incumbents have frequent contact with internal and external customers, which requires good public relation skills. Incumbents function with considerable independence and exercise discretion in applying policies and procedures.
- This work requires extensive knowledge of department programs and objectives.
- Incumbents may supervise support staff or perform leadwork duties.
Good knowledge of monitoring record systems to identify and correct errors.
- Typically gained from at least 1-year full-time work experience monitoring record systems, identifying problems and correcting errors.
- Good knowledge of interpreting and applying rules, regulations, or policies.
- Typically gained by one-year work experience interpreting and applying a variety of difficult rules, regulations, or policies to determine compliance or eligibility and explaining decisions to others.
- Good knowledge analyzing information and researching a variety of sources to identify and resolve problems or issues.
- Typically gained from at least 1-year of experience performing extensive research and analysis of highly complex or technical material requiring in-depth program knowledge in order to determine if requirements were met and if they complied with established laws and or policies. Research must have included contacting a variety of sources both inside and outside the organization to collect, obtain, and verify information and determine the appropriate course of action.
- Good knowledge dealing with individuals from varying cultural and socio-economic backgrounds in stressful situations.
- Typically gained from at least one year of experience dealing with individuals from varying cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds in stressful situations which dealt with personal, sensitive, or confidential information such as eligibility requirements, health issues, or financial matters.
- Good knowledge entering and retrieving data using a computerized record system.
- Typically gained from at least 6 months of experience in a work setting where I was required to enter and retrieve data in a database records system or other computer records system.
- Good knowledge composing and proofreading business documents.
- Typically gained from at least 1 year of office experience which required composing and proofreading a variety of business documents on a regular basis OR, I have successfully completed at least 1 college-level English composition or business English class AND I have 6 months of experience composing business documents.
The State of Idaho offers a robust total compensation package, including medical, vision, and dental insurance PERSI retirement benefits paid sick, vacation, and parental leave and 11 paid holidays per year. For additional information related to benefits and/or State programs, please visit https://dhr.idaho.gov/StateEmployees/Benefits.html.*
The State of Idaho is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, political affiliation or belief, sex, national origin, genetics, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The State of Idaho is committed to access and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities, auxiliary aids and services are available upon request. If you require an accommodation at any step in our recruitment process, you are encouraged to contact (208) 334-2263 (TTY/TTD: 711), or email email@example.com.
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.
Benefits may not be applicable for temporary or seasonal positions.