Responsible for the direction and supervision of the cashier, and patient registration, works closely with department manager/assistant manager and fellow supervisors. Keeps up with and communicates to the staff any and all changes to all 3rd parties regarding pre-certification.
- Plans, organizes and directs the department using approved resources and accomplishes results which fulfill the philosophy, purpose, and goals of St. Claire HealthCare.
- Maintains quality and productivity of the department to insure proficiency and effectiveness.
- Selects, trains, develops, supervises, and evaluates work performance of staff using established policies, practices and approved resources to ensure quality service and equitable employee relations.
- Promotes and maintains health and safety programs and policies.
- Communicates and cooperates effectively to promote understanding and coordinating of activities between employees, department, and others.
- Develops and maintains managerial behavior which promotes growth and effectiveness of the department to achieve institutional purposes and goals.
- Serves as liaison person with hospital administration, fiscal services, medical staff, other departments, and outside representatives.
Requires moderate keyboarding skills and excellent verbal/written communication skills, problem solving capabilities, and a positive customer service attitude.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Minimum of five years previous Business Office experience required. Supervisory experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is required to communicate effectively. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for reading and computer work. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
The work environment described here is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in an area with good lighting and climate control. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Location: St. Claire HealthCare · Patient Access
Schedule: Full Time, Days, Mon- Friday 8:00-4:30