Storekeeper Job in Harvard University
- Receives and signs for all deliveries according to HUDS’ policy. Notifies supervisor of discrepancies immediately.
- Accurately dates all items as they are placed into storage.
- Use FIFO system to ensure proper produce rotation.
- Review menu needs to properly stack frozen product.
- Move product from storage into production as required.
- Responsible for making sure walk-ins and storage areas are clean and organized and all products are at least 6” off the ground.
- Accurately records temperatures of frozen and refrigerated storage as directed.
- Notifies supervisor of poor equipment performance immediately.
- Maintains neat and orderly records.
- Assists with weekly inventory.
- Brings to the attention of the supervisor any supply or food item shortages.
- Leaves workstation clean and re-stocked.
- Recycles products per policy and procedure.
- Accurately completes sanitation and temperature logs and food service records as required. Informs person in charge when corrective action is needed.
- Follows sanitation standards in compliance with all regulatory agencies including Harvard Environmental Health and Safety regulations.
- Complies with State of Massachusetts and Dining Services’ “Food Employee Illness Policy”.
- Represents HUDS to students, faculty, staff and guests in a positive and professional manner.
- Works to meet the mission and core values of Harvard University Dining Services with enthusiasm and a spirit of cooperation.
- Communicates effectively and works cooperatively and respectfully with a diverse set of staff, management team and guests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have proficiency with the English language (speaking, reading and writing).
- Must be able to safely operate motorized and manual equipment including, but not limited to hand trucks, pallet jacks, etc.
- Must have basic computer skills and ability to learn various business applications.
- Must be able to follow directions.
- Must be neat in appearance and comply with proper dress code as designated by HUDS.
- Must have proficiency with kitchen tools and other relevant equipment without restrictions.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must have strong multi-tasking skills. Must be able to work in a fast-paced diverse environment.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work cooperatively and respectfully with a diverse set of staff, management and guests.
- Must be customer service oriented.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- ServSafe certification required within one year of employment.
- Minimum two years experience in commercial food service or hospitality industry recommended
- Previous experience working in a University environment preferred.
Certificates and Licenses
- Routinely lifts an average of 50 lbs. without restrictions. May occasionally be required to lift items weighing 60 lbs.
- Continuous: walking, bending, lifting, manual dexterity, push/pull, handling, reaching.
- Frequent: squatting, climbing, standing.
- Occasional: sitting.
Note: This job description may vary or change based on the needs of the business.
Harvard requires COVID vaccination for all Harvard community members. Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information regarding the University’s COVID vaccination requirement, exemptions, and verification of vaccination status may be found at the University’s “COVID-19 Vaccine Information” webpage: http://www.harvard.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine-information/.
Hourly Rate From
Hourly Rate To
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging