Statewide Cataloging Associate Job in North Dakota State Government
Join our team of dedicated professionals at the State Library, where we provide pathways to information and innovation by making connections, strengthening communities, and enriching lives!
POSITION: Statewide Cataloging Associate
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $2,407-$2,499
BENEFITS INCLUDE: Rewarding work environment, career development opportunities, paid family health insurance, paid leave, flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, 457 deferred compensation plan, and voluntary insurance benefits including dental, vision, and life insurance
CLOSING DATE TO APPLY: December 7, 2022
Summary of Work
This position provides cataloging support to public and school libraries that participate in the Statewide Cataloging department. Responsibilities include:
- Copy catalog materials for libraries in the Statewide cataloging program
- Communicate with libraries about copy cataloged materials
- Verify accuracy of catalog records
- Delete records from ILS and OCLC as needed
To apply for this position, you need:
- High School diploma or GED
- One-year experience working in an office
To succeed in this position, you need:
- Previous library experience
- Customer service experience
- Excellent listening, written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented with a commitment to accuracy
- Basic computer skills
- The ability to prioritize, maintain a positive attitude, be a strong team player, and be comfortable in a hybrid work environment
All applications for open State Library positions must be made via the State of ND Careers site: www.nd.gov/careers. Paper submissions will not be accepted. Application materials must be received by 11:59 PM on the posted closing date. Incomplete applications will not be considered. All potential applicants must attach and/or upload the following documents in a .pdf, .doc or .docx format.
- Cover letter that includes a brief description of the applicant’s background/qualifications
- Three work-related references
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The State Library does not provide sponsorships.
Contact Laural Sehn, Fiscal Director, at 701-328-4652 or [email protected] for more information, accommodation or assistance in the application or interview process.
NDSL utilizes a blended workplace model. Depending on the role, employees may work from home, onsite, or both. NDSL may consider 100% telecommute within North Dakota; all staff may occasionally be required to be on site.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), genetics, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.