Specialist, Pharma Support Services – East & Central – Remote
Extraordinary Care. Extraordinary Careers.
With the nation’s largest home infusion provider, there is no limit to the growth of your career.
Option Care Health, Inc. is the largest independent home and alternate site infusion services provider in the United States. With over 6,000 team members including 2,900 clinicians, we work compassionately to elevate standards of care for patients with acute and chronic conditions in all 50 states. Through our clinical leadership, expertise and national scale, Option Care Health is re-imagining the infusion care experience for patients, customers and employees.
As a proud recipient of the Gallup Exceptional Workplace Award, we recognize that part of being extraordinary is supporting and building a workforce that is as diverse as the patients and communities we serve.
Join a company that is taking action to develop a culture that is more inclusive, respectful, engaging and rewarding for all team members. We are committed to hiring, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Job Description Summary:Hiring Range From $22/hr
The Specialist, Pharma Support Services serves as the designated representative on their assigned program(s) to ensure delivery of the referral management process to their external partners. The Specialist collaborates with the Clinical Product Support Team to ensure an understanding of assigned program(s) and contracted requirements. The Specialist will be accountable for referral service delivery as contracted. The Specialist will be measured on success in delivering per contracted KPI metrics and accurate and timely data collection/reporting for program(s). The Specialist of Pharma Support Services will be responsible for maintaining a positive relationship with pharma, HUB, and internal and external operational, sales, and patient registration teams.
Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent)
- The Specialist will communicate on a regular basis with their assigned program(s) representatives to provide necessary referral coordination updates. The Specialist will work alongside local/internal operational partners, to drive implementation and coordination of the assigned referrals. This role requires daily communication with patients, providers, and assistance programs to support coordination and execution to contract obligations and overall patient satisfaction.
- The Specialist will communicate regularly with their assigned program(s) representatives to provide necessary referral coordination updates. The Specialist will work alongside local/internal operational partners to drive implementation and coordination of the assigned referrals.
- The Specialist will have daily communication with patients, providers, and assistance programs to support the coordination and execution to contract obligations and overall patient satisfaction.
- The Specialist will follow up with stakeholders to ensure assigned tasks are completed and initiate data/information collection and entry. Collects information relative to Program(s) and reports according to Program requirements.
- Participates in business review presentations/contractually agreed upon meetings as directed by our clients.
- Assists in developing related SOPs, workflow, and project plans for identified Program(s).
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
(i.e. hiring, recommending/approving promotions and pay increases, scheduling, performance reviews, discipline, etc.)
No – X
Basic Education and/or Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- At least 1 years of experience in a health insurance, specialty pharmacy, patient registration, or similar role with external facing responsibilities.
- Knowledge of insurances (Benefit Verifications/Prior Authorization), in specialized pharmacy therapies preferred.
- Must be detail-oriented and have a high degree of customer service focus.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, problem solve, and collaborate with cross-functional team members and leadership across all levels of the organization.
- Proficient computer skills that include the ability to effectively use the Microsoft Office Suite tools.
Physician Demand Requirements
- Must be able to work on a personal computer or laptop computer for extended periods of time.
Preferred Qualifications & Interests (PQIs)
- One year of specialty pharmacy, home infusions, home care, or health insurance experience.
Due to some state pay transparency laws, below is the minimum pay for the position:
Salary to be determined by the applicants education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.Minimum pay is $24.47+
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time off
- Vision Insurance
Option Care Health subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
Posted: Jul 03, 2023