Shift Supervisor Job in Starbucks India
About Starbucks India
Starbucks India is a 50:50 Joint Venture between Tata Global Beverages and Starbucks Coffee Company. Currently, we have presence in 30 cities with over 230 stores through a network of over 2,300+ passionate partners (employees). Our core business is more than just coffee. We are in the people business selling coffee. And we know our success depends on the people we hire, retain and develop.
Our mission statement – “To inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person, one cup and one neighbourhood at a time” and core values are the roots of our culture and serve as guidepost for our partners. We’re called partners, because it’s not just a job, it’s our passion. Together, we embrace diversity to create a place where each of us can be ourselves. We always treat each other with respect and dignity. And we hold each other to that standard.
Purpose and Scope of position
This position contributes to our success by:
- Assisting the store manager in executing store operations during scheduled shifts.
- This job deploys partners and delegates tasks so that partners can create and maintain the Starbucks Experience for our customers.
- The incumbent is responsible for modelling and acting in accordance with TATA Starbucks guiding principles
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Acts with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promote the culture and values of TATA Starbucks.
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
- Maintains a calm demeanour during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to the prescribed standard so as to set a positive example for the shift team.
- Assists with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Provides feedback to store manager on partner performance during shift.
- Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in partner morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager.
- Creates a positive learning environment by providing clear, specific, timely and respectful coaching and feedback to partners on shift to ensure operational excellence and to improve partner performance.
- Delivers legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a ‘customer comes first’ attitude and connecting with the customer. Discovers and responds to customer needs.
- Develops positive relationships with shift team by understanding and addressing individual motivation, needs and concerns.
- Executes store operations during scheduled shifts. Organizes opening and closing duties as assigned.
- Follows TATA Starbucks operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
- Follows all cash management and cash register policies and ensures proper cash management practices are followed by shift team.
- Follows up with baristas during the shift to ensure the delivery of legendary customer service for all customers.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards.
- Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational tools and by collaborating with the store manager to find new, creative, and effective methods of recognition.
Summary of Experience & Education
- Minimum 1 year of experience of handling a team in a retail setup
- Minimum education qualification – 12th / Diploma +