Service Agreement Sales & Support Representative Job in Shimadzu Scientific Instruments
Service Agreement Sales & Support Representative (Home Based Position)
Headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, Shimadzu Scientific Instruments (SSI) is the American subsidiary of Shimadzu Corporation (Kyoto, Japan), a world leader in the development of scientific instruments. SSI was established in 1975 as a distribution center providing analytical solutions to a wide range of laboratories and lab services providers in the Americas. Today, SSI’s focus has expanded greatly beyond distribution. SSI maintains a network of ten regional offices strategically located across the United States, with experienced technical specialists, service and sales engineers situated throughout the country; a state-of-the-art Customer Training and Education Center; and Shimadzu U.S.A. Manufacturing, which supplies HPLC, GC-MS/MS, LC-MS/MS, and other high-tech products to the U.S. market.
The individual in this position is responsible for a wide variety of administrative duties, including but not limited to typing, record keeping, data entry, contract administration and performing general office procedures. This role is expected to assist the National Service Agreement Sales Director in meeting performance standards and sales quotas set by the Senior Vice President of Service, while assisting with revenue forecasting and the development of an annual business development plan for service agreement business. Will work with Regional Service Administrators, Regional Service Managers and Regional Managers to identify, create and quote service agreements. Additional responsibilities and projects may be assigned from time to time.
This position will assist the National Service Agreement Sales Director in the growth of service agreement business companywide. Key role is to work with the National Service Agreement Sales Director and Regional Service Administrators, Regional Service Managers and Regional Managers by assisting them in developing and refining the service agreement business within their geographic region. This position will directly assist the National Service Agreement Sales Director with duties associated with developing service agreement marketing materials in coordination with Marketing, Sales Directors and Regional Managers to ensure service agreements are sold by the sales teams.
This position is responsible to provide administrative support to the regional and national service organization of Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Provide direct assistance to the National Service Agreement Sales Director to identify, sell and negotiate service agreements nationwide. Includes the development and implementation of effective sales strategies and consistent processes on service agreements. (daily)
- Assist Service Administrators nationally in establishing and maintaining an Off-Warranty Program. (daily)
- Assist Administrators nationally in establishing and maintaining the 3YVP Program within the regional offices. (weekly)
- Assist Service Administrators nationally in Physical Measurement Service Agreement Program. (weekly)
- Assist in establishing a customer care and comment card program to assist National Service Agreements Sales Director in ensuring that the repair, maintenance and installation of assigned products are done in a manner that meets or exceeds customer expectations in compliance with both general sales terms and service agreement terms and conditions. (daily)
- Providing the necessary leadership for Regional Service Administrators when it comes to Regional Service Agreement – sales, service, discounting, documentation, implementation and follow-up service with the customers. (daily)
- Provide direct assistance to the Service Managers in administering the Preventative Maintenance Agreement program per goals established by the National Service Agreement Sales Director. (weekly)
- Provide direct assistance to Service Managers in administering the Preventative Maintenance Agreement program per goals established by the National Service Agreement Sales Director. (weekly)
- Assist national service administrative staff in developing PM kit forecasting protocol as needed. (weekly)
- Assist national administrative staff in developing PM kit forecasting protocol as needed. (weekly)
- Track 3YVP, Off Warranty dollars, and service revenue in each region, Tabulate service revenue by product line, sales engineer, state and type as needed to assist the National Service Agreement Sales Director in preparation for monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts. (monthly/quarterly/annual).
- Assist HDQ with Month End report if needed. (monthly)
- Provide regional assistance to Service Administrative staff regarding coverage/assistance closing calls, ordering parts, and general service administrative duties if needed. (daily)
- Assist HDQ with billing/processing service agreements as a backup when required. (Weekly)
- Perform tasks and projects as assigned by National Service Agreement Sales Director and VP of Service. (weekly)
- Will travel to Regional and Admin meetings when necessary. (quarterly/yearly)
- Will travel to customer accounts as needed. (monthly)
This position’s focus is to provide administrative support to the National Service Agreement Sales Director and the entire National Service Department to assist in the goal of providing quality, efficient and effective service agreement products to our customers, while meeting or exceeding a service agreement sales/revenue quota/goal.
Good Telephone Skills
Word, Access, PowerPoint & Excel – Computer Literate
Administrative Support Skills
Contract Management Knowledge
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS:
Incumbent is required to act independent of supervision in routine matters governed by either policy or established procedures.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Incumbent must have a verifiable record of success in the daily administration of a service-oriented organization covering a period of no less than 10 years. A minimum of a high school diploma is required, with any type of advanced education highly preferred.
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Last Date For Apply: 20/Mar/2022 00:00:00 Job Type : Full Time, Employment Type : Permanent Apply Here