Senior Instrument Technician Job in Amgen
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You’ve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
Senior Instrument Technician
What you will do
Let’s do this! Let’s change the world! In this vital role you will be responsible for performing calibration, repair, installation, and troubleshooting of instruments, process control systems, and equipment used in Amgens Rhode Island site.
- Perform instrument calibrations for process, utility and analytical equipment and systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair site instrumentation and control system issues.
- Perform advanced maintenance and repair activities on equipment and systems used in Manufacturing, The Process Develop Laboratory, The Quality Analytical Laboratory or other areas of the Amgen Rhode Island site.
- Ensure activities are accomplished in a safe manner.
- Ensure work is completed in accordance with procedures.
- Ensure work activities are completed accurately. Maximize right the first-time execution.
- Work in a highly productive and efficient manner to maximize the quantity of activities completed.
- Ensure work is appropriately communicated to system operators and key stakeholders.
- Ensure work order documentation is completed accurately and completely.
- Identify waste, workflow interrupters, and other opportunities for improvement, recommend solutions, and assisting with implementation.
- Identify opportunities to learn new skills and actively participate in development that will improve overall team performance.
- Must be able to work a schedule with rotating days, 7am – 7pm.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The independent professional we seek has well rounded experience with these qualifications.
- Associate’s degree and 4 years of Maintenance or Instrumentation experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 6 years of Maintenance or Instrumentation experience
- 8 + years of combined education, training, and experience with instrumentation and associated calibration procedures
- Ability to work with minimum direction
- Knowledge of Maximo CMMS System
- Advanced understanding of process control loops, loop checks, and loop tuning of process control systems
- Experience with Rosemount instrumentation, Foundation Fieldbus communications, and Delta V process control system
- Formal instrumentation education or training (Associates Degree, Armed Services, or other substantial technical training program(s))
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
This position will be paid on an hourly basis. The annualized base pay range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $82,770 – $98,647.
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
If youre seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, youll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.