Security Support Specialist I, II, or III
Summary of Responsibilities
This position is responsible for supporting all security activities and programs for Urenco USA works in the area of compliance, and interfaces with employees and managers at all levels of the organizations, and externally with governmental agencies.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma/GED/HISET. The ideal candidate will have an associate degree, preferably in a security related field, and 5 to 7 years of experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of application regulatory security requirement compliance
- Security related experience in a regulatory environment such as the Department of Energy, Department of Safety, Department of Defence, etc.
- Certification in IT Security, Physical Security, ADC, etc.
- Experience processing DOE, or DOD security clearances
- The work location for this position is Urenco USA, Eunice, NM
- Work Schedule: Professional work schedule/ with minimal night/ weekend support. Some nights and weekend work may be required. Employees are also subject to call-outs as needed
- Travel Required: 20% of the time or less as required.
- Security Clearance Requirement: Controlled Access Area (CAA) Access and an L or Q level security clearance is required
- Work Environment: Radiological exposure expectations of < 100 mrem/yr. General Office, Plant Production Areas. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets etc.
- Responsible for, under direct to minimal supervision, supporting and perform the functions of Access Authorization, IT Security, Physical Security or Information Security as described in the UUSA PSP, UUSA ISSPs, or UUSA SPPP
- Provide or assist in the delivery of security force training programs and internal security awareness programs such as OPSEC, Security Clearance, and Counterintelligence
- Assists in the handling of classified material including logs, documents, inventory, and tracking classified materials
- Assists in the processing of site visitors, new employees and contracted staffing new to site
- Maintenance of physical security programs including locks, combinations, and keys
- Support the site by processing needed procedure revisions, performing interdisciplinary reviews, photograph reviews, and visitor requests processing
- Completes Corrective Action Program (CAP) investigations and actions and supports scheduling and status meetings
For Benefits Information click here.
* Please note that we continually evaluate our plans and make adjustments as necessary to meet market and business requirements.
Compensation starting at: $65239 – 97734 / year and up dependent on candidate.
Urenco USA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Urenco USA encourages minorities, females, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply. Urenco USA supports a drug free environment.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application, interview process, and/or to perform essential job functions, please contact UUSA HR at HRUUSA@urenco.com .
Urenco USA | A trusted leader in meeting the world’s demand for sustainable energy.
Urenco USA (UUSA) is part of an international company that operates on the cutting-edge of the nuclear energy industry, utilizing the world’s most advanced, energy-efficient, and cost-effective method to enrich uranium. As the only enrichment facility in North America, UUSA helps provide clean, sustainable energy while operating under a framework of high environmental, social responsibility, and corporate governance standards. Our world-class facility is located in the middle of the EnergyPlex. We strive to promote the production of nuclear energy to facilitate the transition to a low-carbon economy while remaining dedicated to safety and investing in community outreach.
If you are already an employee of Urenco USA and are interested in applying for another job within the company, please apply and upload a completed Internal Candidate Application form (HR-2-3000-15-F-2), and your resume to the internal career portal .
URENCO USA | Human Resources | HRUUSA@urenco.com