Security Job in ASDA
To be employed in this role you must be over the age of 18 and pass a basic level safeguarding check.
Are you looking for a flexible role in a fast-paced environment? Do you love working as part of a team to deliver outstanding service to customers?
Whats in it for you?
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer a great range of other benefits too. Youll receive a discount card for yourself and a second card for your nominated user, giving you 10% off your shopping. Youll receive a company pension and discretionary company bonus. On the ‘Our Asda benefits site, you will have access to a wide range of discounts across various activities and services, anything from airport parking to theme parks and pet insurance to car tyres – whatever youre into theres something to suit everyone!
About the Role
Our stores operate 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, with that brings a wide variety of shift patterns – if youre looking for flexible working to fit around your lifestyle, then look no further! Well work with you on your shifts, but weekend working is a requirement of the role, and we may need to be flexible with your work pattern.
At Asda, the safety and security of our colleagues and customers is important. Helping customers feel secure is all part of the great Asda service they love. Security colleagues play a vital role in safeguarding our colleagues and customers and protecting our business.
Youll be responsible for:
- Keeping a constant watch with patrols/checks including checking the inside and outside areas of the store for any signs of damage, break-ins or tampering with cash point machines.
- Carrying out daily checks on fire doors, clear any obstructions and maintain the fire door records
- Managing conflicts and sometimes heightened situations
- Supporting your manager with random spot checks by acting as a witness and recording the details
- Conducting spot checks on vehicles in the warehouse yard, with the driver present
- Other spot checks including making sure paperwork and processes are completed in areas like claims and returns, waste management and lost property
Wherever you are, we put our customers first with excellent service, welcoming stores and ‘extra special products – we work as a team to deliver a great shopping trip.
Youll be naturally friendly and want to get stuck in, working with your team to deliver great results. You care about giving customers a great shopping trip and that includes making them feel safe along the way.