SEAFOOD PROCESSOR – AK LOCAL HIRE
Processes seafood product by performing the following duties:
- Cleans, scraps, trims and fillets product.
- Opens and removes raw materials and places on belts.
- Segregates product on conveyor belt or table according to grade, color, and size, and places product in containers or on designated conveyors.
- Discards cull (inferior or defective) items and foreign matter.
- Packs product in boxes, barrels, baskets, cans, totes or crates for storage or shipment.
- Operates machine(s) to move live or packed seafood from place to place.
- Reviews workspace for cleanliness and safety.
- Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned.
- Acquire knowledge of Trident’s Environmental and Safety Policies by completing required training programs and performing designated work activities in accordance with training and procedures/work instructions.
- Notify designated personnel of any environmental and safety incidents, or risks not previously documented, in accordance with Environmental Awareness and or Safety training.
No experience in this particular field is necessary, but a reliable work history is required. Experience working in food production preferred.
No prior experience or training.
Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentence. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places fumes or airborne particles toxic or caustic chemicals outside weather conditions risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. May be required to distinguish shades of color to identify abnormalities and/or defects in food products.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand walk use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit climb or balance stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use teamwork skills. The employee will occasionally use interpersonal and customer service skills. The employee will occasionally perform basic math and read, speak and write English. The employee will frequently need to understand English.
Trident Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Affirmative Action – Minority, Female, Disability, Veteran