Apply Here Job Description :
Last Date For Apply: 2022-04-25 11:04:22 Job Type : Full Time, Employment Type : PermanentApply Here
- Amended 1-5-21: Monthly Salary
- SCHOOL BAKER
$4,270.00 per month (BC-06)
Leeward District, Oahu
- Job Summary:
Responsible for all aspects of the preparation and baking of a variety of baked goods for school meals provides direction/instruction to assigned cafeteria helper(s) and/or other adult/student helper(s) and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Applicants must meet all the requirements for the position they are seeking as of the date of the application, unless otherwise specified. Unless specifically indicated, the required education and experience may not be gained concurrently.
Note: Calculation of experience is based on full-time, 40-hour workweeks. Part-time experience is pro-rated. Example: Twelve months of experience at 20 hours/week is equivalent to six months of experience, not one year. Also, hours worked in excess of 40 hours/week will not be credited. Example: Twelve months of experience at 60 hours/week is equivalent to one year of experience, not one and a half years.
To qualify, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Minimum Qualification Requirements:
Graduation from high school or equivalent.
Except for the substitutions provided for below, applicants must have had progressively responsible work experience of the kind, quality, and quantity as described below.
Six (6) months of work experience as an apprentice or helper in a kitchen where the applicant has acquired basic skills in baking by assisting with such tasks as weighing, measuring, and combining ingredients mixing dough for simple baked products scaling and shaping dough for rolls, buns, etc.
One (1) year of work experience as a baker in a restaurant, hotel, hospital, school, or institution which included actual hands-on experience in producing a variety of baked goods from scratch and in large quantities. Such experience must demonstrate the applicants proficiency in quantity baking which includes knowledge of types of ingredients used in baking, their properties, functions, and substitutions standard procedures for adjusting standardized recipes to meet production needs, calculating bread equivalents, and determining baking times for non-standard batch sizes (e.g., 8 dozen cupcakes rather than 2 sheet cakes) the use, care, and safe handling of utensils, tools, and equipment used in baking methods of handling and storing foods and food and kitchen safety and sanitation practices.
The overall knowledge and experience must conclusively demonstrate the applicants ability to perform quantity baking required for the school food services program.
Applicants must have had experience in the whole process of baking in large quantities. Experience which is limited to serving food, cleaning, and washing dishes only one phase of baking such as weighing, measuring, and combining ingredients, mixing and shaping dough or other kinds of work not affording the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills of quantity baking will not be accepted as qualifying for the Specialized Experience requirements.
1. Possession of an associates degree from an accredited community college in a food service/culinary arts program which included training in quantity baking may be substituted for all of the required experience.
2. Successful completion of a substantially full-time curriculum from an accredited technical school, community college or university which included coursework which provided the applicant with the knowledge of and hands-on practice in quantity baking comparable to the above required Specialized Experience may be substituted for the pertinent experience on a month-for-month basis.
3. Excess Specialized Experience may be substituted for General Experience on a month-for-month basis.
- All documents submitted to us become the property of the Department of Education.