Metric is a Specialty Coffee Company founded in 2013 by Xavier Alexander and Darko Arandjelovic with a mission to Champion Quality, Transparency and Sustainability within the coffee industry. Today, Metric sources coffee in partnership with small & quality focused coffee producers across the world to import and roast clean, compelling and radiant coffees from our Kinzie Corridor Roastery.
The Sales Manager manages current and prospective sales clients plans, directs, or coordinates the actual distribution or movement of a product or service to the customer actively seeks out new clients maintains a positive relationship with clients represents the brand and product with respect and accuracy. The Sales Manager will model professional ethics, consistently deliver stellar sales, and be an outstanding Metric brand ambassador. The Sales Manager is responsible for growing our wholesale business in the segments of grocery, distributor, hospitality and specialty retailer sales.
Support our vision of the wholesale sale program, achieving sales goals, and meeting the outlined wholesale sales strategy.
- Achieve new business objectives by securing new accounts along with expanding existing accounts across all of the major markets.
- Champion our mission and values with the public at large and represent Metric as a quality focused purveyor.
- Provide exceptional customer service, answering questions based on products, availability & pricing.
- Schedule meetings and coordinate tours and cuppings with existing and prospective clients and communicate with the rest of staff regarding the use of space and expected guests.
- Consult with potential customers regarding equipment needs and advise customers on types of equipment to lease or purchase.
- Partner closely with our office manager for account setup, onboarding, and account support as needed.
- Monitor customer preferences to determine the focus of sales efforts.
- Establish and maintain communication (outbound and inbound) schedules with all of our local, regional, and national customers.
- Plan and direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and service programs.
- Immediately report any issues, red flags or areas that need direct attention.
- Keep a record of all of our sales reports to project sales and determine profitability.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and services in a timely, respectful manner.
- Keep staff in the loop of scheduled events, expected clients, upcoming orders or meetings, and future happenings.
- Perform as a brand ambassador in line with discussed guidance (giveaways, samples, promo materials, etc.).
- Passionate about sales and high-quality products.
- Incredibly organized and detail-oriented.
- Educated to degree level (or have relevant experience).
- Sociable, approachable and can network effectively.
- Sales expert with the ability to achieve sales goals and build lasting customer relationships.
- Experienced in oral and written communication.
- Good in understanding all sales and marketing principles.
- Educated in negotiating experience.
- Experienced in the food & beverage industry in order to sufficiently understand our customers and the coffee specialty landscape.
- Able to manage information effectively to support purposeful action and communication.
- A confident, enthusiastic and persistent personality.
- Eager to show that you are result-oriented, creative, and resourceful.
- Proactive, bright, ambitious, insightful, curious, and thoughtful.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to liaise with other members of the business from all around the country.
- Knowledge of the specialty coffee industry, as well as coffee roasting companies.
- Desire to grow and develop as a professional within a growing packaging business.
- A passion for sustainability, education, and providing top-notch hospitality.
- 50% contribution towards health, dental and vision
- Paid Time Off
- Free coffee with each pay period. ?
At Metric, we welcome diversity and celebrate that our communities include individuals from all backgrounds, identities, and walks of life. We strive every day to foster an environment of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility that supports our employees, customers and communities. We know that embracing diversity makes us stronger, enriches our culture, and allows us to grow together. We encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds, identities, skills, and abilities to apply.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interview or assessment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com