Apply Here Job Description :
Last Date For Apply: 2024-02-17 00:00:00 Job Type : FULL_TIME, Employment Type : FULL_TIMEApply Here
This position is responsible for mitigating risk and promoting safety and wellness programs and services within the organization. This position is responsible for initiating and implementing safety and prevention programs and coordinating claims management activities and developing, managing and evaluating wellness programs that encourage the Corporation, Team Members and their families to focus on healthy living and safe work promotion.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Accountable for implementing and delivering results of corporate and company safety and risk management initiatives at all distributor locations.
- Examine all injury and accident reports and assist supervisors with accident investigations to ensure accurate and timely reporting of all claim information to Third Party Administrator (TPA), and to mitigate future similar injuries.
- Work with the TPA claims adjusters to ensure proper and efficient handling of Workers’ Compensation, Auto Liability, and General Liability claims. Provide thorough follow-up with injured employees and maintain regular contact with TPA and Primary Treating Physicians to coordinate prompt return to work modified duty program.
- Strategic collaboration with management team and human resources on modified duty assignments, interactive process, and employment decisions.
- Conduct training for managers, supervisors and employees on safe work practices, including: Back Injury Prevention, accident and injury prevention, hazard recognition and awareness, and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Coordinate the planning, research, compliance and delivery of corporate wellness programs and services through collaboration with vendor partners, internal departments and other corporate staff and managers.
- Compile data to identify risk/opportunities and use information to implement corrective actions.
- Work closely with the Steering Committee at each location to maintain the wellness philosophy and strategy to ensure that it supports strategic goals.
- Conduct safety meetings with key employees and management. Provide regular claim report data to management team and safety committee members, and follow-up on safety action items addressed in safety committee meetings.
- Conduct risk assessments of location campus, warehouse, and risk issues identified out in the trade and recommend solutions to mitigate identified risks.
- Develop and implement safety incentive (recognition) programs that drive reductions in injuries/accidents.
- Review monthly program outcomes and program utilization reports, make recommendations to enhance participation of current programs and to develop/execute new programs.
- Other projects or duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5+ years experience in safety management and/or Workers’ Compensation claims management.
- Experience in managing a successful company wellness program, including proposal development and program evaluation.
- Experience as a project lead (i.e. Safety lead for acquisition, etc.).
- Understanding of wellness concepts, practices and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills dealing with all levels of employees, customers, and management
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to facilitate training for all levels of employees, supervision and management.
- Self-starter with ability to follow-up and follow through and meet deadlines.
- Able to work independently, as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Human Resources, Occupational Safety & Health, Risk Management.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Safety & Health Manager (CSHM), Certified Occupational Safety Specialist (COSS).
- Direct people leadership experience.
- Experience within large warehouse, product distribution / trucking operations.
- Strong technical knowledge and background in OSHA/DOT regulatory standards, safety engineering, risk management and environmental protection.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules,
- order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.