Room Services Associate – Food Services – Full Time, Days Job in Baptist Health System KY & IN
Weekly Hours: 36
Status: Full Time
Work from home or job share positions!
Responsible for patient food service on assigned units, e.g., menu selections, tray assembly, tray delivery and pick up, special requests and needs & in-between meal food delivery . Builds & maintains relationships with nursing staff to ensure that issues are taken care of in a timely manner & that lines of communication are always open.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a summary of the major functions of this individuals job. He or she may perform other duties, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below, and specific functions may change from time to time.
1. Exhibits a friendly, caring attitude to patients when introducing the Catering to You program, taking menu selections, delivering trays, inquiring during catering rounds and retrieving trays.
2. Takes patients menu selections prior to each meal.
3. Complies with dietary restrictions on special, modified diets to ensure optimal food preferences are met within guidelines of diet order limitations.
4. Offers alternatives to menu as allowed on prescribed diet in accordance with food allergies and sensitivities, cultural, ethnic, and religious preferences, when patient inquires or needs additional selections.
5. Assembles trays according to patients menu on tray tickets in a timely and accurate manner.
Minimum Education, Training and Experience Required:
1. High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
2. Ability to read and write.
3. Must have ability to follow written and oral instructions.
4. Neat appearance / excellent hygiene.
5. Excellent customer relation skills.
6. Excellent communication skills.
7. Fluent in written and spoken English.