Retail Warehouse Associate
Murdoch’s Distribution Center plays a key role in optimizing the supply chain to better serve our customers. Joining the distribution center team is a great way to get your foot in the door for continued growth within Murdochs.
At Murdoch’s, we’re big on doing the basics right. We know the value of a hard day’s work, a positive attitude, and doing the right thing (even when no one is looking). It starts with the smooth operation of the entire distribution team. Murdoch’s hires team members who are willing and excited to go the extra step. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Some roles at the Distribution Center require forklift certification. Federal law requires forklift operators to be 18 years old or older to operate a forklift.
As a Murdochs Team Member, you will…
- work as a team on all freight and inventory management.
- unload and load our merchandise (everything from hardware and fencing, to animal feed and firearms, to toys and clothing, plus much more) in a precise and timely manner.
- look after our down-to-earth products by recording and communicating any discrepancies or damage.
As a Murdochian, you must…
- be ready for a hard days work on your feet with heavy and repetitive lifting.
- safely operate warehouse equipment (forklifts, reach trucks, pallet jacks, and others).
- work with numbers accurately and quickly.
- have a “can-do” attitude and uphold our Mission, Values, and Principles—we call them our MVPs.
Experience, Education, & Skills
- Previous warehouse experience is preferred but not required.
- Forklift Certification is preferred but not required. Some positions require the ability to become forklift certified and operate a forklift.
- Desire and ability towards continuous learning, obtaining certification, and completing ongoing training.
- Repetitive wrist movements on the keyboard.
- Close vision for some PC work.
- Bending, carrying, pushing, and reaching overhead are required.
- Heavy lifting (no more than 50 lbs).
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Competitive Benefits + Compensation:
- Amazing Employee Discount on everything from clothes to power tools to pet food.
- Multiple Health Insurance options to best suit your needs after 60 days.
- Dental & Vision options to complete your health plan.
- Life Insurance to secure your family’s financial future.
- Paid Vacation allows you to relax and recharge.
- Holiday Pay throughout the year so you can celebrate with your family.
- Paid Sick Time empowers you to stay home and focus on your health without losing pay.
- 401(k) with a generous 4% company match to help plan for retirement.
- Community Giving Program matches your donations and provides paid volunteer hours.
- Wellness Program saves you money by lowering medical premiums with credits earned.
- Training Program helps you expand your knowledge and skills with over 250 courses.
- Other various Voluntary Insurance Options.
Distribution Center Business Hours:
Monday – Friday
7:30a.m. – 5:00p.m.