Retail Customer Service Associate Part Time
Join our team of more than 34,000 team members, supporting our members and communities in our Club Support Center, 235 clubs and eight distribution centers. BJ’s Wholesale Club offers a collaborative and inclusive environment where all team members can learn, grow and be their authentic selves. Together, we’re committed to providing outstanding service and convenience to our members, helping them save on the products and services they need for their families and homes.
The Benefits of working at BJ’s
- BJ’s pays weekly
- Generous time off programs to support busy lifestyles*
o Vacation, Personal, Holiday, Sick, Bereavement Leave, Jury Duty
- Benefit plans for your changing needs*
o Three medical plans**, Health Reimbursement Account (HRA), Health Savings Account (HSA), two dental plans, flexible spending
- eligibility requirements vary by position
**medical plans vary by location
Responsible for performing merchandise protection procedures, monitoring entrance and exit activity, and providing superior customer service to members.
- Carry out job functions and responsibilities as assigned. Support the application of club policies, procedures and compliance.
- We strive for flawless execution and hold ourselves accountable.
- Acts with honesty and integrity and lead with the member in mind to address all concerns and to escalate any concerns, as appropriate.
- Ensure a safe and positive environment for our members and each other.
- Embrace inclusion and diversity, by working together with collaboration and respect. Work as a team to achieve goals.
- Move with speed and agility in everything we do.
- Innovate and adapt so we can move as fast as the world around us.
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude.
- Deliver service excellence through all points of contact.
- Resolve and deescalate to address every member concern.
- Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the members.
- Daily commitment to GOLD Member Standards
- Greet, Anticipate, Appreciate (GAA)
- Fast, Friendly Full, Fresh, Clean
Club Standards: Work as a team to deliver GOLD club standards daily.
- Work with commitment and pride to deliver GOLD- Grand opening look daily
- Clean and organized, inside, and out
Know your Business:
- Understand how to access and read production and/or financial performance reporting for your department.
- See the connection between consistent execution and the positive impact it can have on the business.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Delivers superior member service, including greeting, assisting, and thanking all members in a prompt, friendly and professional manner. Resolves member concerns in a courteous and timely manner and escalates issues to management when necessary.
- Maintains and exhibits clear understanding of merchandise protection procedures and shrink alert protocols.
- Reviews and maintains the AP Alert Binder according to AP standards.
- Follow the BEST (bottom of the cart, electronics, self-checkout, and thanking the member) procedures including cross-checking merchandise to member register receipts and verifying high dollar value items. Records register receipt discrepancies and notifies front line to immediately rectify the situation.
- Audits Express Pay, BOPIC, Curbside Pick-up, and Same Day Delivery according to company procedures.
- Ensure the execution of the repack awareness guidelines by inspecting known repack articles.
- Monitor member and visitor traffic entering and exiting the club
- Responds to Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) alarms according to established EAS response procedures.
- Maintains high standards of safety for members and team members.
- Inspects team members, members, and vendors bags, backpacks, briefcases, and lunch boxes as they are leaving the building.
- Processes empty water jug return vouchers to members.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an attention to detail are required.
- Basic math skills preferred.
- Ability to use a smart handheld device.
- Must successfully complete required training and certification processes.
- Must be employed with the company for at least 6 months.
- At least 18 years of age.
Environmental Job Conditions
- All the time is spent standing and moving about on hard surfaces.
- Will at times require bending, pulling, reaching, stooping and climbing ladders/step stools.
- May require occasional lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Exposure to both indoor and outdoor temperatures.