The Allocator determines allocation strategy for departments & cross category programs to maximize revenue through product flow, performance and method of replenishment. This individual makes decisions based on business insights and analytics, pricing, promotion and event strategies. The Allocator evaluates the assortment and reacts to in-season performance/trends/learnings to inform & adjust future inventory flow and replenishment. The Allocator demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of all financial key performance indicators and has the ability to balance across channels to achieve intended business results.
You will report to the Manager, Allocation
- In partnership with leader, develop allocation strategy for departments & cross category programs for all channels to achieve growth and profitability that align with core objectives.
- Serve as an active partner to ensure inventory levels support channel needs.
- Establish initial presentation quantities
- Ensure floor sets and item inventory are positioned to meet critical product launches
- Leverage weekly business insights to understand item level performance to maximize in season opportunities and minimize liability.
- Determine appropriate method of replenishment
- Identify/recommend backfill strategies for all brick and mortar locations
- Understand item product lifecycle and manage target exit dates through effective coordination, consolidation and promotional recommendations.
- Identify data integrity concerns and request appropriate course of action to solve.
- Understands and utilizes tools available to purchase, analyze and react to trends in the business to achieve growth and profitability objectives.
- Proactively provide communication on stock availability
You Will Have:
- Minimum 2-4 years of merchandise planning experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft tools & Business Objects
- Strong financial and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including comfort with executive-level presentations.
- Detailed orientation with strong organizational skill.
- Demonstrated positive attitude with ability to be responsive to feedback and pivot based on changing organizational priorities.
- Flexible and adaptable with demonstrated ability to work under pressure while meeting deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Resourceful with ability to prioritize, problem solve and make decisions.
- Strong ability to collaborate with peers and partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or equivalent.
Benefits and Perks:
Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities, and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.