The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, is seeking Researcher V candidate whose primary duties include Cryo-EM and helical reconstruction.
- To be responsible for the overall operation of the lab.
- To oversee projects within the lab.
- To contribute to the design, interpretation and writing of grant proposals and publications.
- To supervise a research team, direct and teach lab practices.
- To manage lab equipment and supplies.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs Cryo-EM and image processing.
- Performs model building.
- Manages the laboratory.
- Mentors’ new students.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Annual Salary Range $49,004.80 – $95,500.00
- Doctorate in a related field and one (1) year of related experience
- OR Masters degree in a related field and three (3) years of related experience
- OR Bachelor’s degree in related field and five (5) years of related experience
Work experience may NOT substitute for education requirement.
- Master’s degree or higher in a biological science discipline.
- Prior experience with model building Cryo-EM.
- Effective time management.
- Ability to mentor others.