Research Assistant (Warehouse) Job in GDM Seeds, Inc.
GDM is a multinational plant genetics company that applies state of the art technology to research, develop, & put on the market the highest yield varieties of soybeans, thus generating business opportunities for the companys growth.
GDMs culture reflects market needs while also focusing on accomplishments, innovation, & openness to new opportunities. These aspects are all balanced & guided by our values of transparency & respect.
As part of GDM’s Research team, the Research Associate works with the Warehouse team by performing various duties necessary to the success of our warehouse operation.
Responsibilities – What You Will Do
- Assisting in the preparation of envelopes for planting trials, and label printing for harvest tags.
- Assisting in the packaging, list management and trackability of varieties used in trials.
- Assisting in preparation and execution of all domestic and international shipments to meet timely deadlines.
- Assisting in maintaining the inventory of materials and experimental seed stock.
- Assisting in working with the State USDA officials to apply for all necessary documentation for exporting shipments to other countries, ex: Phytosanitary Certificates, Field Inspections, Lab Results, etc.
- Responsible for receiving invoices from vendors pertaining to the research operations and sending these documents to the USA administration team.
- Assisting to maintain the workflow of job processes during the absence of the Warehouse Manager to ensure projects are continued and completed.
- This position will also be responsible for maintaining and organizing the inventory of all PPE for warehouse and field operations, as well as office/break room supplies and materials. This position is also responsible for setting up and ordering the daily lunch program for all full-time research employees, interns, and guests.
- Successfully pass the forklift training and receive an operators certificate
Requirements of the Role
- Ability to lift and stack materials up to 70 lbs. for extended periods of time
- Operate forklift
- Maintain neat, clean, and organized warehouse
- Maintaining a clean and orderly work area
- Willingness/Ability to work a varied schedule, including weekend
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $41,000.00 – $49,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- What is your expected salary range?
- Which part of the GDM DNA do you think you identify most with? Please explain why. (Go to https://www.gdmseeds.com/cultura/?lang=en to read about the GDM DNA.)
- Soybean Breeding Program: 1 year (Preferred)
- Farming experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Some Spanish (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Last Date For Apply: 24/Mar/2022 00:00:00 Job Type : Full Time, Employment Type : Apply Here