Report Writer Job in United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Instructions to Applicants: Click on the “Apply now“ button. Input your information in the appropriate Sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation. Upon completion of the first page, please hit “submit application” tab at the end of the page. Please ensure that CV or P11 and the Cover letter are combined in one file.
The following documents shall be required from the applicants:
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
No travel foreseen. Should travel be required by the hiring unit, UNDP will cover the cost of travel of the individual to the duty station, as well as their return to their home upon completion of their services. Travel costs are covered only in the event that the function will be undertaken physically in the duty station and excludes working from home arrangements.
The Spotlight Initiative is a global, multi-year partnership between the European Union and the United Nations to eliminate all forms of violence against women and girls by 2030. Launched with a seed funding commitment of €500 million from the European Union, the Spotlight Initiative represents an unprecedented global effort to invest in gender equality and women’s empowerment as a precondition and driver for the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals. The initiative builds on knowledge and lessons learned from past programmes.
As a project office, the Secretariat of the Spotlight Initiative supports the Operational Steering Committee and is comprised of a Management Unit and Technical Unit. The two units work in close collaboration and in a complementary manner.
As part of its main function, the Secretariat is to consolidate the narrative annual reports submitted by Recipient United Nations Organizations into a global annual report, presented annually to the Operational Steering Committee for review, and to the European Union to meet contractual reporting requirements.
The Management Unit is looking for a consultant to outline and help write the 2021 Global Annual Report.
The Report Writer will report to the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager (P4) of the Spotlight Initative Fund Secretariat.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work
- Review the 2020 Spotlight Global Annual Report (approximately 300 pages), with a view to synthesizing and extracting relevant content for the 2021 Spotlight Global Annual Report.
- Hold meetings with relevant Secretariat colleagues to discuss their respective sections of the Global Annual Report, to inform the report outline and subsequent content.
- Create a structure/outline of the global annual report (ensuring that the length aligns with the forthcoming 2021 Global Annual Report length of no more than 150 pages).
- Draft sections of the 2021 Global Report (covering up to 100 pages of text) based on the analysis of 2021 programme annual reports, where relevant.
- Review the final draft 2021 Global Annual Report, ensuring all relevant content is included, consistent, avoiding repetitions and clearly presented, before submission.
Leadership: Plans and acts transparently, actively works to removes barriers
- Creates awareness of substantive opportunities and risks among others
- Navigates complex circumstances thoughtfully and is solution-minded
Communication and Relationship Management: Gains trust of peers, partners, clients by presenting complex concepts in practical terms to others
- Persuades others to embrace new ideas, even when controversial
- Empathizes with client perspectives and needs and communicates messages with the clients’ experiences in mind
- Creates opportunities for developing new client relationships
Innovation: Creates new and relevant ideas and leads others to implement them
- Integrates diverse contributions to formulate coherent approaches
- Aligns innovation to service delivery components
- Manages prototype / pilot efforts and seeks feedback
Delivery: Critically assesses value and relevance of existing policy / practice and contributes to enhanced delivery of products, services, and innovative solutions
- Anticipates constraints and identifies solutions
- Ensures high quality of work in terms of both substantive depth and adaptive relevance to client needs
- Accepts responsibility for implementation / team deliverables / client satisfaction consistent with organizational standards
- Exhibits thorough organizational awareness of UNDP’s approach to client service delivery and integrity and accountability
Knowledge and understanding of the UN system and the mandates of constituent agencies, including with UN corporate standards and language requirements
Required Skills and Experience
Min. Academic Education
Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in social sciences (doctoral preferred).
Min. years of relevant Work experience
5+ (five) years of progressively responsible related thematic experience and background working on gender equality and EVAWG.
Desired additional skills and competencies
Demonstrated familiarity with UN results based reporting.
- Demonstrated skills in gender/human rights qualitative methodology and analysis, including quantitative and qualitative techniques.
- Demonstrated experience synthesizing a large amount of data from reports and evaluations within the UN system to draw out trends and results.
- Experience using innovative qualitative coding software and data visualization tools (to synthesize large amounts of data).
- Ability to write clearly in excellent written English according to the UN editing guidelines.
Required Language(s) (at working level)
Fluent in written and spoken English.
Last Date For Apply: 20/Mar/2022 00:00:00 Job Type : Full Time, Employment Type : Permanent Apply Here