REMOTE – CSR Full-Time (Tier 1)
As a Customer Service Representative, you will be responsible for championing strong relationships with Journeys’ internal and external customers by providing prompt support and optimal solutions. This position frequently learns new software and applications to adequately handle inbound interactions based upon the assigned interaction channel to effectively multi-task and resolve customer inquiries. The ideal candidate is a master problem-solver who has a passion for serving others and a knack for staying calm under pressure, while being able to effectively communicate through both verbal and written means.
- Use our communication software to interact with your teammates, management, and internal department personnel.
- Maintain effective communication with customers to provide accurate and on-going information as it relates to orders, promotions, shipments, product details, website questions, and returns.
- Build personal connections and relationships to promote customer retention and maintain customer loyalty.
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams to ensure a seamless customer experience.
- Meet individual and team customer-focused goals while maintaining the standard of expectations with all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- Adherence – Being available to take and make calls during your specific scheduled times.
- Handle Time – Controlling call interaction handle times and promptly resolving customer issues.
- After Call/Chat Work – Clearly and concisely notating all customer interactions and closing cases in a timely manner.
- Quality Assurance – Delivering a consistent and high standard of service to our customers.
- Attendance – Remaining reliable and dependable for all scheduled shifts.
- Act as an ambassador for the brand and adhere to an appropriate and effective set of core values. You’re the face of the company.
- Demonstrate good follow-up and follow-through techniques.
- Exhibit and utilize critical thinking, empathy, reading comprehension, and problem-solving skills.
- Quickly and effectively apply coaching, feedback, and training to improve individual performance and customer experience.
- Ensure and maintain the safety, security, and privacy of customer information.
- During periods of training or due to business needs, agents will be expected to take interaction types that include phone calls, chats, SMS messaging, and emails.
- Complete additional tasks as requested to support business needs.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1-2 years of customer service/retail experience preferred.
- Ability to speak and type fluently in English.
- Meet minimum requirement for words per minute on a typing evaluation.
- Willing to work a schedule within the hours of operation and participate in recurring performance-based schedule bidding.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic including taking ownership and pride in your work and making good decisions based on company policies, guidelines, procedures, and expectations.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong communication (verbal, listening, and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to successfully work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment while meeting performance expectations and goals set by the business.
- Strong ability to comprehend new information, diagnose problems, and provide appropriate resolutions.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to learn new software and applications.
- Ability to handle and resolve conflict positively and in a calm, professional manner.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
To prepare you for this exciting opportunity we offer
- HUGE Employee Discount – 40% off on all retail priced footwear and accessories purchased at Genesco retail stores
- Full benefits package, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Direct deposit
- Paid time off
- Amazing growth opportunities!
Work From Home Requirements
- A Dedicated, secure, and distraction-free workspace.
- Fully functional hardware that meet the following requirements:
- Is a Desktop or Laptop computer (Tablets or Chromebooks are NOT permitted)
- Has the latest operating system installed prior to start date
- Has a functional charger/power source
- Has an operating system that can run Citrix
- 2 functional monitors (a laptop and a monitor or a desktop and 2 monitors)
- A Cell phone with an active service contract with a Cell Phone Provider, a cell phone charger, a cell phone headset or USB headset with a microphone, a Web Camera (an integrated Web Camera in your Laptop or desktop is permitted), and external mouse.
- A stable and reliable Internet service with a minimum of 50Mbps Download Speed and 5Mbps Upload speed (can check this at speedtest.net). Cannot use public Wi-Fi.
- That my devices must remain Charged at all times to prevent disruption to calls (Laptop, Cell Phone, Headset).