Remote Commissary Clerk – Alpine
Req ID: CAM00602
This Remote Commissary Clerk is responsible for all aspects of operating the remote commissary. Assures we provide the merchandise the clients want and need while optimizing company profits. All duties are to be performed in accordance with NMS’ mission, vision, and values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Will work as a housekeeper, fulfilling the remote housekeeper requirements.
- Creating sales orders, invoices and purchase orders.
- Process/receive orders and invoices.
- Shipping and receiving merchandise.
- Manage accounts including follow through with Vendor contacts.
- Pricing merchandise to optimize profit.
- General organization of merchandise.
- Monthly inventory on time and accurate.
- Answer calls and emails in a timely manner.
- Daily operation of the commissary, running register, cleaning, rotating inventory.
- Coordinates on orders and procedures with other commissaries.
- Design and ordering of clothing items.
- Notify supervisor if safety and sanitation standards are not being met.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Other duties that are pertinent to the department or unit’s success also may be assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- At least one (1) year experience that evidences a working knowledge of commercial cleaning equipment and industrial cleaning processes.
- At least one (1) year experience in commercial housekeeping.
- At least two (2) years’ experience working in a retail environment that includes setting up displays, inventory management, product cost control and merchandising product.
- Must have intermediate skills with QuickBooks Pro, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Must pass all pre-employment contract requirements which may include but are not limited to: drug test, physical and fit for duty assessment and hearing test. Applicants not located near a testing facility are responsible for paying for travel to the nearest testing facility.
- Must be able to cooperate and work as part of a team with fellow employees, customers and clients.
- Must be able to make decisions in the moment with little to no supervision.
- Must be able to be on your feet for 12 hours per shift for the scheduled rotation.
- Must be able to live in dormitory style settings and meet cleanliness requirements of the remote camp.
- Contract requires employees to speak, understand, read and write English.
- Must meet and adhere to all safety guidelines and regulations set forth by the company and client.
CANDIDATES RESIDING OUTSIDE ANCHORAGE AREA:
Candidates residing in Alaska & the Lower 48 for any contract : For the purposes of pre-employment testing, Anchorage will be considered the point of hire (with the exception of drug testing, which will be conducted near the candidate’s place of residence). Employee is responsible for any travel expenses and needed accommodations related to pre employment tasks that need to be completed in Anchorage, AK. This includes, but is not limited to, any safety training requirements, required pre employment testing and/or training such as physical, DOT physical/medical card, fit for duty, audiogram, and/or other testing required by contract/company (NSTC, APICC training, security licensing requirements, etc.).
Candidates residing in Alaska for Alyeska Contract: pre-employment testing will be scheduled near the candidate’s area of residence within the state. The only exception is when the candidate lives in a region without the necessary service providers to complete all requirements.
Flights to Remote Locations : All employees are responsible for all expenses related to reporting to point of hire (Anchorage, AK) for scheduled trips paid for by the company for remote locations.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Weather: Indoor/Outdoor. Frequently exposed to arctic conditions.
Noise level: Moderate to Loud
Description of environment: This is a remote camp setting. Employees must constantly be able to stand, walk, climb, push, pull use hands and arms, stoop, kneel and crouch. Employees are occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and may be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
Travel: Must be able to travel by plane and/or bus to remote camps.
Physical requirements: Fit For Duty Test
- Lift: Lift 35 lbs. from floor to knuckle x2
- Lift: Lift 35 lbs. from floor to waist x 2
- Lift: Lift 8 lbs. from floor to shoulders x 2
- Lift: Lift 8 lbs. from floor to crown level x 2
- Carry: Carry 25 lbs. with two hands for a minimum distance of 50 feet
- Stoop & Twist: Perform alternate cross over toe touches x 5 each side, self-paced but continuous.
- Squat Test: Functionally squat x 5, self-paced but continuous.
- Kneel: Kneel on one knee and stand. Return to kneel on opposite knee. Repeat alternate kneeling sequence x 5 for each knee, self-pace but continuous.
- Stairs: Climb up and down 10 steps x 5 for a total of 50 steps,
- Allow 30 second rest after climbing up and down each set of 25 steps, self-paced.
- Stairs & Carry: Climb up and down 10 steps x 5 for a total of 50 steps while carrying 25 lbs. in one hand and using the other hand to grasp a railing for safety, self-paced.
- Allow a 30 second rest period after climbing up and down 25 steps while carrying.
- Slanted Ladder: Climb a slanted ladder with 2 rungs x 2 repetitions for a total of 4 rungs, self-paced but continuous.
NMS Core Values
Safety guides our behavior.
Honesty and integrity govern our activities.
Commitments made will be fulfilled.
All individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
The environment will be protected and sustained.
Organization: Camp Services
Primary Location: US-AK-North Slope/Prudhoe Bay
NMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, veteran protected status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.