Receptionist Job in FAIRFAX MEDICAL FACILITIES, INC.
*NATURE OF POSITION:
As part of Fairfax Medical Facilities, Inc. (FMFI) care team, the receptionist maintains first contact with all patients entering and exiting the organization. Also is a contact point for virtually all patient appointments, either made by phone or in person. Act as liaison between all personnel and patients. Assumes responsibility for information related to patient registration and/or out-take. Act as liaison between the Health Center and all other facilities within the organization.
- High School graduate minimal required.
- Basic typing and computer skills and prior telephone experience.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to move more than one task at a time and flow from one task to another smoothly.
- Ability to continue a task after an interruption and adaptable to change
SALARY GRADE AND CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt
RESPONSIBLE TO: Site Manager / DON
- Maintains a professional demeanor, always keeping in mind that the front desk makes both the first and last impression on each patient.
- Works in harmony with others and exhibits a positive attitude and a commitment to the basic mission of the organization.
- Exhibits caring qualities consistent with the values of the community health center.
- Responsible for greeting clients as they enter the waiting area, assisting with signing in on clipboard, completing registration forms and updating information.
- Follows Collection Procedures as a part of the intake process. Screens all Clients for prior balances.
- Periodically checks waiting area to ensure that all patients have been registered and are being served in a timely manner and are not in acute distress.
- Acts as liaison between patients and staff in maintaining smooth patient flow.
- Follows Infection Control policies and procedures (i.e. isolate patients with skin rash, chicken pox, vomiting, coughing, etc.).
- Exhibits awareness of cultural factors and shows competence in reducing barriers to the provisions of health care services.
- Assumes responsibility for correctly entering all required registration and insurance information on established and new patients into the computer. Also verifies above information as needed to ensure that it is correct.
- Schedules all in-house (follow-up) and future (phone) appointments via computer while directing same day appointment calls and walk-in patients to nurse if the schedule is full.
- Follows collection policies and procedures as a part of exit process.
- Assumes responsibility for money collected for visit payment. Collects payment according to policy.
- Upholds and abides by patient confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Addresses patient complaints as outlined in Patient Complaint Resolution
- Monitors the security of waiting areas on a regular basis
- Assists visitors, vendors, pharmaceutical representatives, copier or computer repair persons, etc. by routing them to the appropriate areas when necessary.
- Actively participates in agency-sponsored staff training events (safety instruction, evacuation drills, OSHA training, etc.)
- Assists providers in requesting patient records when needed and in general use of copying
- Works tickler log and call back list daily as necessary
- Assures and maintains patient confidentiality in the front desk and check out areas.
- Required alteration of standing, sitting, walking, bending and lifting throughout the day
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Location: 716 S Hwy 77
74647, Newkirk, OK
Job Type: Full-time