Quality Production Specialist
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company has an exciting opportunity available in Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) Space and Launch Team for an Associate Quality Production Specialist at our New Orleans, LA facility.
This position will be directly supporting the manufacturing and assembly of the Space Launch System Core Stage and Exploration Upper Stage. The Space Launch System is the next generation rocket that will be carrying humans back to the Moon and beyond to Mars.
- Assists with review and validation of product non-conformances and disposition type, quality procedures and engineering requirements.
- Supports analysis to identify and evaluate the quality of products, operations and processes.
- Participates in the investigation to determine root cause of nonconformance of plans.
- Ability to apply basic knowledge of aerospace design, systems and integration to perform failure and forensic analysis of aerospace components and systems.
- Gathers data and provides recommendations/solutions to nonconformance of plans, products or processes.
- Assists with the development, modification and documentation of actions to assure problem resolution or to implement corrective/preventive action.
- Assists in obtaining corrective action on nonconforming plans and hardware/processes and submits for review.
- Supports concurrence and obtains commitments to support program resolution.
- Participates and observes the validation associated with corrective action to assure nonconformance has been eliminated.
- Verifies internal replication systems adhere to Company and regulatory standards and procedures.
- Creates airplane specific airborne software packages.
- Conducts audits to ensure media is stored and handled per engineering defined requirements.
- Assists in the creation of reports and coordinates with the responsible parties for internal distribution.
- Works under general supervision.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires the ability to obtain a clearance for access to a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) facility.
This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
This is a NASA safety-sensitive position and is subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 1 or more years of experience with AS9100 or similar QMS (Quality Management Systems)
- 1 or more years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience gathering data and performing a Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 2+ years quality experience
- Experience in NASA Space programs or a related Space or Defense program
- Current or previous Material Review Board (MRB) experience/certification
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Associate) and typically 1 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Bachelor, 3 years related work experience, etc.).
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. (Basic for internal)
Position may require travel up to 10% of the time.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 2nd shift.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: $69,300 – $84,700
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: If the successful candidate is not a “U.S. Person“ (as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 “U.S. Person” includes U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, refugees, or asylees) and the position requires access to export-controlled data, an appropriate export authorization by the U.S. Government may be required prior to such access. Employment, and the continuity of employment of non-U.S. persons, is contingent upon the company’s ability to secure and maintain the necessary export control authorization.
Export Control Details: US based job, US Person not required
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.