SIG SAUER, Inc. is a leading provider and manufacturer of firearms, electro-optics, ammunition, airguns, suppressors, remote controlled weapons stations, and training. For over 250 years SIG SAUER, Inc. has evolved, and thrived, by blending American ingenuity, German engineering, and Swiss precision. Today, SIG SAUER is synonymous with industry-leading quality and innovation which has made it the brand of choice amongst the U.S. Military, the global defense community, law enforcement, competitive shooters, hunters, and responsible citizens. Additionally, SIG SAUER is the premier provider of elite firearms instruction and tactical training at the SIG SAUER Academy. Headquartered in Newington, New Hampshire, SIG SAUER has over 3,200 employees across twelve locations in three states. For more information about the company and product line visit: sigsauer.com.
This role will assist the Purchasing department with the day-to-day administrative responsibilities.
- Exports, formats, and sends out Open Order reports to each supplier, weekly.
- Updates purchase orders within the ERP system with current delivery commitments received from suppliers.
- Tracks statuses of shortages and updates daily shortage report with current delivery dates and quantities.
- Creates blanket order releases and sends to suppliers, as requested.
- Loads supplier quotes into the ERP system.
- Escalates delivery dates that do not meet the build plan to the appropriate buyer.
- Helps to resolve receiving issues.
- Matches and closes completed purchase orders.
- Periodically reviews data integrity and submits required changes to the Master Data Management team to implement.
- Performs other tasks and duties as required.
- High School diploma required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience within a purchasing, data entry or administrative assistant role.
- Working experience with ERP systems, Oracle a plus.
- Microsoft Office Suite, proficiency in Microsoft Excel preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Position consists of sitting 75% of the work day.
- Travel 0 – 5% – primarily to other Sig Sauer facilities.
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which is required in designated areas.
SIG SAUER, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)