Project Manager – Customer Onboarding Job in WM
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
I. Job Summary
Concurrently manage defined end to end projects for multiple customers that impact all areas of the organization. Primary function is to ensure that projects are completed on time and to scope of work required. In addition, the Project Manager also provides detailed reporting to customers and internal departments and provides status updates/presents to clients on a daily basis. Must be a leader within the organization and set the tone within the department to ensure a professional workplace.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the following essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Manage defined projects for permanent services from customer order through billing including new customer implementations, contract renewals, existing customer projects and de-implementations.
- Interact with clients, sales and other departments to understand client scope of project and requirements, and ensure all departments are aligned with approach.
- Serve as Project Managers for all implementations and de-implementations including managing, tracking and reporting of all progress. Also provides assessment and recommendations to sales, clients and management through project progression including identifying any areas of risk.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments including Vendor relations, WM Market Areas and WMCS to ensure services are procured, implemented, executed, and invoiced accurately to clients.
- Create and execute project plans and reporting for all projects. Provide any reporting needed to management, sales and clients.
- Manage internal processes and teams to ensure projects are initiated and completed in a timely manner and communicate any risks.
- Analyze data to create vendor bid documents for procurement of services to fulfill contractual obligations by Vendor Relations department and ensure proper margins are met.
- Lead meetings with employees, sales and external customer/vendors to track projects progress against critical path dates and dependencies.
- Assists with special projects within Launch department or as part of cross-functional teams as required or assigned.
- Work independently to meet timelines and deliverables.
- Deliver on time and to scope results to internal/external clients.
- Present project deliverables to clients and explain those results.
- Communicate standard processes to internal and external clients and assist Sales in the management of client expectations.
- Provide issue mitigation and resolve escalations.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- This job has no direct supervisory duties, but will need to lead and influence other teams not reporting to the Project Manager in order to ensure deliverable timelines and requirements are met.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelors Degree (accredited) in Project Management, Sustainability Accounting, Environmental Science, or a related field; or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four (4) years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Three (3) years of relevant experience in a project management role (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- PMP Certification, IT Project+, CAPM, Six Sigma Green or Black Belt a plus
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills
- Organizational skills to manage multiple projects with varied timelines
- An entrepreneurial skill set is highly valued with the ability to creatively achieve stretch goals and provide new services and value to new and existing customers
- High customer focus
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Prioritizes and plans work activities
- Works both independently and with a team to meet site goals
- Adapts to frequent changes in the work environment
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Outlook and Excel)
- Microsoft Excel – Advanced level – Pivot Tables, Formula’s (CountIf, CountA, SumIf, Vlookup, if then statements, Concatenate, Trim, Round, etc.), Short cut keys expected; Graphs; Slicers, etc.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds occasionally;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rare;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rare;
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At WM, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click “Apply.