Program Specialist, Train USA Job in Cultural Vistas
The Train USA team provides visa sponsorship to Interns, Trainees, and Research Scholars coming to the United States as part of the Department of State’s BridgeUSA program. Through rigorous application evaluations, we extend J-1 Visa sponsorship, help develop robust training opportunities, monitor in-country programs, maintain participant SEVIS records, support program participants hailing from 100 countries, and manage relationships with over 900 partners and U.S. companies hosting these participants. We aim to deliver impactful, safe, and compliant programs. We work toward welcoming new partnerships and expanding existing relationships to help further Cultural Vistas’ goals and the impact of international exchange.
Click here for a link to the full job description.
- To be successful in this job, you must be a highly organized, detail-oriented, critical-thinker. You must have exceptionally strong written and verbal cross-cultural communication skills and must feel comfortable engaging in strategic ways to explore opportunities with corporate clients.
- You must be a supportive team player who is a self-starter who creatively problem-solves and likes to take initiative. You must be comfortable and thoughtful when mentoring others and when managing sporadic periods of a high volume of competing priorities.
- Candidates located in Washington, DC or the DMV region or those willing to relocate are preferred, but not required.
- Your job will be managing and growing a client portfolio of critical company clients and partners who utilize Cultural Vistas for J-1 Visa sponsorship of their international Interns and Trainees. You will communicate daily with these clients, who represent diverse industries, to ensure smooth processes, to help develop robust training programs, and to explore new opportunities for collaboration.
- As an Alternate Responsible Officer, you will evaluate participant and host company applications to determine visa sponsorship eligibility, issue the federal documents needed to arrive in the U.S., and maintain SEVIS records. You will lend visa expertise to all parties and will help ensure compliance by providing education and accurate record keeping.
- You will work in a team with other Specialists and a Participant Advisor and you will be supervised by a Program Manager.
Cultural Vistas equips the next generation of global leaders with the skills needed to solve complex challenges through professional and intercultural experiences. Founded in 1963, our international exchange non-profit organization has nurtured over 150,000 alumni working to build international connections in more than 130 countries around the world. At Cultural Vistas, we envision a world where experiential learning opportunities foster a shared understanding and appreciation of diversity, equity, and cultural exchange.
Rising global conflicts require a renewed focus on creating developmental opportunities—equipping individuals with skills to bridge deep divides and advance civil society around the world. Cultural Vistas addresses these challenges by implementing a unique portfolio of compelling intercultural exchange programs designed to deliver a lasting and measurable impact on participants.
Our global community includes world leaders, community activists, and professionals across many industries. Cultural Vistas believes that exposure to different cultures, languages, and people promotes mutual understanding and shared solutions. These experiences transform participants into problem solvers who value diversity, are agile decision-makers and are more adept at building global, cross-sector networks.
Cultural Vistas maintains a dynamic team across the globe with physical offices in Washington, DC (Headquarters) and Berlin, Germany. Learn more at culturalvistas.org.
- 20 PTO Days/year (increases after 3 years of employment)
- 6 Sick Days/year
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- FSA and DPFSA
- Physical Health and Wellness Reimbursement – $100/year
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan (100% of the first 2% of compensation after one year of employment)
- 35 Hour Workweek
- Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Certification Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Kudos Employee Recognition System (with Amazon Gift Card Rewards)
- Quarterly Spot Awards
- $250 one-time allowance for home office expenses
- $35/month to off-set communications expenses (phone/internet bills – reimbursed quarterly)
- Professional Development Opportunities
Job Type: Full-time
Last Date For Apply: 20/Mar/2022 00:00:00 Job Type : Full Time, Employment Type : Permanent Apply Here