Production Worker Job in State Lottery Commission
The Production Worker is responsible for the picking and preparation of instant ticket game orders for delivery to the UPS sorting facility. This position is extremely physical and requires that the candidate be in excellent health and physical shape.
Includes but not limited to:
- The ability to stand on a concrete floor for long periods. Move and break down, by hand, pallets of tickets, which weigh approximately 2,400 pounds. The lifting, on the average, of at least 600 Instant Game cases of tickets a day that can weigh up to 50 pounds.
- The moving of heavy wooden pallets which weigh approximately 60 pounds. Additional duties involve being able to fill any of the six positions on the production line which include the following: Labeler, Picker, Checker, Sealer, Palletizer and Loader. These positions involve constant lifting, pushing, and packaging of boxes of tickets.
- Statement of Purpose
Understands that the primary function of the Distribution Department is the timely and accurate shipment of the instant ticket games on a daily basis. With this understanding, each employee can and will be called upon to fill any function within the department that the manager and supervisors deem necessary to achieve this goal
- Ability to do heavy physical work, constant pushing, pulling and lifting are all normal duties.
- Background in warehousing and familiarity with warehouse equipment (e.g. Forklifts, electric pallet trucks, etc.)
- Must work well with others.
- Excellent attendance record is required.
- Ability to work in a high security area.
The Massachusetts State Lottery Commission requires staff to have received COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. To be considered fully vaccinated, individuals must have received two doses of the approved Pfizer/Moderna COVID-19 vaccine or single dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine. Finalists will be given details about how to demonstrate receipt of vaccination.