Production Worker Job in Bimbo Bakeries USA
Employment Type: Regular
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Be a Bread Winner – Help Bake America’s Favorite Baked Goods –Thomas and Sara Lee bagels
Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA as a Production Worker:
- $3,000 Sign on Bonus for all New Hires
- Competitive starting pay of $15.50 per hour
- Wages increase at 90 days to $16.00 per hour
- Excellent benefits with low premiums – medical, dental & vision
- 401K with 5% company match for retirement
- PTO according to company policy
- Company sponsored wellness and discount program available
Production Worker Position Summary:
The Production Worker will learn to operate a variety of mechanized bakery production equipment including but not limited to the Oven, Divider, Proofer, Slicer, Bagger and Wrapper. Check and ensure product specification standards are being met as required by company authorized standards while performing the tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
Production Worker Key Position Responsibilities:
- Loading and unloading pans from production line
- Loading and unloading oven and/or proof box
- Monitor and adjust the temperature controls of the Oven and Proof Room
- Operate and control packaging equipment
- Ensure proper bags and sealing if necessary for each variety
- Ensure proper slicing if applicable
- Verify weights and order completions
- Record information such as down time, waste, order completions, package verification, metal detector checks, finish product scoring etc.
- Monitor for foreign material all the time especially at change over and ensure metal detection checks
- Ensure proper placement of product in trays and pallets
- Remove finished packaged items from the machine and separate rejected items
- Taking appropriate action to ensure the integrity and sustained certification of the food safety and food quality system
- Responsible for reporting and taking necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan, the Food Quality Plan, and any other programs that support the SQF system and other 3rd party audits
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by supervisor
Schedule Hiring For:
- Days: Sunday – Saturday; days off are typically Monday and Friday
- Shift Start Times: Varies (depends on shift assigned)
- Overtime as needed
Production Worker Ideal Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred but not required
- A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment and adapt to frequent changes
- Prior experience or training in manufacturing or supply-chain environment is preferred
- Ability to understand and follow both written and verbal instructions with high level of detail
- Willing to work irregular and/or rotating shifts, including split days off (non-consecutive days off), and holidays when needed
- Physical requirements: ability to lift 50 pounds, stand and/or stoop for prolonged periods of time, perform repetitive motions, and work in an environment with varying temperatures
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Be a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100% renewable electrical energy since July 2019, with energy created through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement with Invenergy
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year in 2018 and 2019 for superior leadership, innovation and commitment to environmental protection through energy efficiency
- We have 14 ENERGY STAR® Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste from landfill
- 360 of our company-owned vehicles utilize alternative fuel – propane, compressed natural gas, and electric
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.