Production Supervisor Job in Brembo North America
SCOPE AND GOALS
Supervises production employees and is responsible for discipline, safety, training, development, and general supervision of employees on specified shift. Also directs indirect resources as needed to fulfil production goals. Accountable for specified quantity, quality and cost of product within material specifications and labor standards. Must have previous core foundry experience.
Immediate Supervisor: Production Manager
Oversees: Production Employees
LAST REVISED: 10/26/21
BY: Elizabeth Jacobs
COUNTRY – DIVISION/BU/CENTRAL DEPARTMENTS
USA – Homer/Cast Iron Foundry/Operations
- Direct Reports – Production Team Leaders/Operators
- Developing and supervising direct reports; Identifies developmental needs for each employee, trains, coaches and orients new and current employees. Observes compliance with standards. Monitors and audits job enhancement progress. Assigns daily work, evaluates performance, facilitates teamwork, coaches, counsels and disciplines employees. Provides reinforcement and positive relationship building. Support and enforce work rules including safety, environmental, and housekeeping within the department as well as the overall plant. Supports and enforce employees wearing all safety personal protective equipment properly. Applies corrective actions in a timely manner. Communicate changes or updates to employees regarding business requirements, safety, policies, procedures and practices. Enforces plant policies, procedures and practices by consistently and formally coaching and counselling employees when violations occur.
- Plans resource utilization- Determines labor needs based on departmental production requirements and assigns work station rotations. Works with support groups to ensure efficient labor resource use plant wide (plans for outages, coordinates planned downtime, assigns direct employees to help indirect as needed). Guarantees the execution of the assigned production plans according to available resources, monitoring any deviation or anomaly and keeping constant information flux towards Plant manager. Schedules vacation, holidays, overtime and special assignment responsibilities as determined by business operations/ needs. Provides tools, personal protective equipment and materials to employees for job completion.
- Solves operational problems- Identifies and defines the problem when possible, assist in data collection and analyzing data. Use results of analysis to implement corrective action. Clearly and frequently communicates operational problems to support personnel. Assists in problem resolution as much as possible. Monitor progress of solutions implemented. Ensures employees follow corrective actions. Manages resource allocation and utilization. Work closely with continuous improvement efforts to reduce costs and create efficiencies within production and labor utilization (5S safety improvements, lean initiatives).
- Administrative duties- Completion of daily production records. Additional responsibilities completed as required. Immediate completion of crash reports and safety instance reports.
ORGANIZATIONAL CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION
2-5 Years Experience of supervisory in environment related to plant processes – preferably foundry
Quality (6Sigma, Lean, etc.)
Automotive (culture, S9000)
PC Skills/ ERP Preferred
Related Technical Skills
Bachelor of Science or 2-5 Years Equivalent Experience
Must have ability to read, write and comprehend English.
Must have basic blueprint and work instruction reading ability.
Represent an ideal description of the position within the organizational structure useful for selection and development processes). Not to be considered as minimum or mandatory requirements.
BREMBO TOPGRADING COMPENTENCIES:
- Judgment/Decision Making-Consistent logic, rationality & objectivity indecision making. Neither indecisive nor hip shooter.
- Resourcefulness/ Initiative-Passionately finds ways over, around, or through barriers to success. Achieves results despite lack of resources. Goes beyond the call of duty. Shows bias for action. A results-oriented “doer.”
- Adaptability-Not Rigid , Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Conflict Management-Understands natural forces of conflict and acts to prevent of soften them. Effectively works through conflicts to optimize outcome. Does not suppress, ignore or deny conflicts.
- Energy- Exhibits energy, strong desire to achieve, high dedication level. 60 hours or more per week probably necessary for results expected.
- Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment.
- Work involves lifting of materials and product up to 50 pounds as well as standing, bending and twisting.
- Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protection, and steel-toed work boots.
LEGAL, QUALITY, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Respect the confidentiality of acquired information.
- Observe Safety and Environmental procedures issued by the Company for individual, collective and environmental protection
- Respect indication of Manual and Environmental, Safety and Quality procedures for related areas.
- Meeting customer requirements including the authority to stop production and/or shipment to contain and correct quality problems.
Work Remotely * No
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 – $95,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Last Date For Apply: 22/Mar/2022 00:00:00 Job Type : Full Time, Employment Type : Permanent Apply Here