Production Lead Full Time Job in Valley Proteins, Inc.
Darling Ingredients is looking for a Production Lead to join our team in Bernalillo, NM. This is a key role that impacts the organization by providing leadership to the overall operation of the plant production area.
This position will typically be scheduled to work, Monday through Friday from 9:00am-5:30pm. The hours this position is scheduled may be subject to change based on business needs.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive pay – Average weekly pay is $800-$850
- Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
- $500-$1000 company provided annual contribution towards your health savings account
- 3% guaranteed company provided contribution to your 401(k) account
- Advancement opportunities – We are always looking for key players motivated to move up into higher level roles
This position impacts the organization by providing leadership to the overall operation of the plant production area. The lead position is trained in all aspects of production and will provide work assignments to other production personnel in the absence of supervision.
Provides support to supervision and assignment of work, but is not a hiring manger with direct report responsibilities.
- Ability to start up, operate, and shut down all plant production equipment.
- Maintain high standards with regards to housekeeping policies that are essential for the safe operation of the plant.
- Monitors all systems while performing periodic rounds to assure safe and efficient operation of the plant.
- Must be able to perform all jobs in production and will cover for absences including break and meal periods.
- Reports daily operation numbers to Plant Manager
- Expected to perform other duties as assigned
- Skilled at operating all production related equipment.
- Knowledgeable on all tasks required for each production related position.
- Basic math skills to perform addition and subtraction.
- Good communication skills, able to take and give direction, work well with others.
- Able to work at heights by climbing ladders, stairs, and working in all areas of the plant.
- Ability to work in stressful situations involving deadlines, and other situations that may occur.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with or without personnel.
- Ability to analyze situations and pursue an effective course of action to resolve problems maintaining safety and quality.
- Able to operate all mobile equipment, i.e. forklift, tractor, case loader, and other site specific equipment.
- Stand, walk, and maneuver around production area for entire shift.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in hot and wet environment, typical rendering plant environment.
- Work on all levels of the facility with significant walking, standing, climbing of stairs and ladders.
- Moderate to loud noise level.
Darling Ingredients is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law: If you would like more information, please click on the link or paste into your browser: https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster
Date Posted: Posted 6 hours ago
Expiration date: July 6, 2022
Location: Rio Rancho, NM, USA
Job Title: Production Lead
Rate: 800$ – 850$ / week