Production Associate Job in Bimbo Bakeries USA
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
A Production Associate is an entry level position within our bakeries. They will perform various duties including, Machine Operator, Mixer, Oven Operator, Pan Setter, Trayer, etc.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity and sustained certification of the food safety and food quality system
- Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the SQF system and other 3rd party audits
- Load/unload or stack/unstack pans from production line
- Load/unload oven and/or proof box
- Assist with other positions as assigned by supervisor
- May fill in for absent positions in production or packaging areas
- Other duties as assigned
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Ability to recognize and encourage the behaviors that contribute to teamwork
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all associates in a team environment
- Must be detail oriented
Education and Work History:
High School Diploma or Equivalent (Preferred)
Ideal candidate will possess:
- 0-1 years of prior manufacturing experience; food manufacturing is a plus
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and must also adapt to frequent changes that occur on the production line
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, stack, and/or carry pans, ingredient containers, etc.
- Must be able to work around and with various food machinery equipment
- Must be able to measure ingredients and follow written instructions
- Have the ability to stand and/or stoop for the full shift
- Ability to work in a loud, hot work environment
- Willing to work irregular and/or rotating shifts, including split days off (non-consecutive days off)
- Working holidays and weekends is frequently required
- Must be 18 years or older
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 – $24.00 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location