Production Associate – Dodson, LA
Weyerhaeuser Company in Dodson, LA is hiring for entry-level Production Associates. The starting wage is $16.18 per hour. We are seeking individuals who are committed to safety, motivated to work, and works as a team member. This position is an entry level position that has the potential for the right individual to move to other positions within the mill.
The Production Associate position is to complete clean-up activities throughout the mill, both inside and out. It is essential to use a broom, shovel, rake, air hose, wheelbarrow drive tractors, forklifts, and a bobcat operate mobile equipment to empty trash barrels, pick up heavy debris, and scoop up debris in the log yard. There are a variety of walking surfaces including catwalks, concrete, gravel, dirt and mud surfaces. Majority of the sawmill is located on the second floor which requires working at heights and wearing a harness to clean up machinery.
Dodson Lumber is a stand-alone sawmill with a total of 260,000 square feet under roof situated on 120 acres of land. We produce lumber for residential construction and chips for local paper facilities. During a typical year, approximately 200 million board feet of Southern Pine lumber are produced at Dodson. Our Dodson site is a union-free facility that employs approximately 160 associates. We offer a competitive pay and benefit package, including comprehensive health & welfare (medical, dental, vision), 401(k), paid vacation and holidays.
Schedules vary by department. The typical Sawmill schedule is two, 10 to 12-hour shifts, four to five days a week. The typical planer schedule is two, 10 to 12-hour shifts, five to six days a week. Day shift starting at 6:00am and night shift at 6:00pm. Majority of our open positions are night shift.
- Commitment to working safe and following all safety rules and regulations.
- Clean-up activities throughout the mill, both inside and out.
- Cross-train in production roles and be able to fill in when short-handed on days or nights.
- Feed or place items onto equipment for processing and load/unload items from machines.
- Able to interpret work instructions and complete tasks as delegated.
- Willingness and ability to work all shifts and wear all required personal protective equipment.
- Actively participate in the team-based work environment with a positive attitude, good communication skills, and respectable work ethic.
- High school diploma or GED.
- A minimum of 6 months employment experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment OR equivalent technical training.
- Able to work safely around moving manufacturing equipment and machinery.
- Able to work overtime, holidays, as well as night shift and weekends.
- Able to work in extreme temperatures, dusty and noisy conditions, while wearing safety protective equipment.
- Able to perform labor intensive work and essential job functions of the position, which may include climbing stairs, navigating catwalks, lifting up to 50 lbs. and bending, work from heights, and stand or walk for 2-3 hours at a time for 10 hours.
- Able to complete forklift training.
- Resume detailing education and work history is required for consideration.