Production Associate – 1st Shift Job in Collins Aerospace
Country:United States of America
Location:HCT07: S&IS (AIS) – Cheshire Goodrich Corporation, Cheshire, CT, 06410 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market. The Sensors and Integrated Systems (SIS) division located in Cheshire, Connecticut has a full time position for Production Associate.
Production Associates work from operating instructions, and pictorial diagrams, to perform assembly tasks using hand tools, operate bench machines, perform soldering operations on approved “A” level jobs, and de-burr parts. They use specific dial indicators with appropriate standards to perform various checks including dimensional tolerance, electrical continuity, concentricity, etc. Additionally, they perform potting of gyro header end including mixing, insertion of forms and removal, while also performing routine, repetitive range machinery operations (e.g. lathe, miller, drill press grinder, etc.) and maintaining feeds and speeds as prescribed. See below for a comprehensive list of responsibilities:
- Work from wiring diagrams, operating instructions, assembly drawings
- Assemble, wire, solder production P.C. boards for mounting with one or more gyros for specifications
- Study prints bills of material to determine the selection of components to be used to assemble P.C. boards. Insert components in proper position
- Solder components to P.C. board
- Mount P.C. board(s) to the gyro assembly
- Route wires through assembly package as indicated on assembly drawing
- Cut wires to indicated lengths, connect and solder to posts on gyro and P.C. boards
- Perform rework and repair on units returned from test and quality control. Use screw drivers, pliers, wire strippers, soldering iron, flux, bifocal microscope and cleaning agents such as isopropyl alcohol. Keep work area neat and clean
- Work from a variety of sources including operating instructions, wire run lists, drawings, blueprints, schematics to produce boards, single axis and multi-axis gyros
- Collect completed stock card requisitions from assigned department supervisors and shop personnel for materials, components, sub-assemblies, tools, equipment and chemicals
- Select items from bins and shelves in stock room; adjust bin card quantity number and other related paperwork
- Wrap, pack, load, issue, and/or deliver all types of hard and soft good materials, liquids, equipments to designated areas
- Use hand carts to transport and deliver items to designated areas
- Periodically clean ultrasonic degreasing machine, associated parts, and parts trays to assure contaminant-free parts in clean rooms
- Distribute selected chemicals including cleaning solvents such as Actrel and IPA, assembly of product components
- Participate in packing gyro for shipment at the end of month deliveries
- Keep work area neat and clean
- Must satisfactorily complete required cross training program
- Candidates must pass a hands on solder test to be further considered for the role
- High school diploma
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English
- Must be able to handle and manipulate small parts
- Must be able to work from written instructions and supervisory direction
- Must be able to complete written records appropriate to the job
- Must have ability to satisfy soldering school requirements to applicable Military and/or Spec. Standards
- Must have ability to meet vision requirements of the job
- Must have ability to work with chemicals and have ability to use microscope for extended periods
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other – propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.