Process Operator Job in Braskem
Job: Process Operator
Every day, Braskems 8,000 team members work to improve peoples lives through sustainable solutions in chemistry and plastics.
We pride ourselves on a culture that promotes diversity and inclusivity (D&I) encouraging its team members to be who they are, following the motto: “You are free to be you.” This mindset adds value to the organization by unlocking untapped potential. Braskem promotes collaborative behaviors that encourage new ideas and different perspectives. As a global organization, Braskem offers competitive employee benefits such as parental leave and educational reimbursement. We strongly encourage people with all different backgrounds and experiences, of all races and ethnicities, abilities, and people from the LGBTQIA+ community, to apply.
Braskem America is an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Braskem S.A. headquartered in Philadelphia. The company is the leading producer of polypropylene in the United States, with six production plants located in Texas, Pennsylvania and West Virginia, an Innovation and Technology Center in Pittsburgh, and a new operation in Boston focused on leveraging groundbreaking developments in biotechnology and advanced materials. For more information, visit www.braskem.com/usa.
Location: Seadrift, TX
Travel Involved: 0%
Job Type: Full Time
The Operator works on the plant machinery and equipment designed to generate polypropylene, adheres to established operating standards, and is always vigilant about safety processes and protocols.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Follows operating discipline, procedures and practices to ensure a safe and efficient operation of assigned duties.
- Performs routine operation of basic control systems and devices to monitor levels, temperatures, pressures and flow rates and transfer of products.
- Monitors the process, takes readings and adjusts controls to correct deviations from set operating standards.
- Controls, monitors and makes needed adjustments to all control systems and manually operated equipment.
- Identifies any equipment that requires maintenance, clears and tags equipment as required, and issues Safe Work Permits for maintenance and project work.
- Uses troubleshooting skills to resolve process, product quality, safety, and environmental problems.
- Product transfers and transitions as required by the Operating Schedule Category Activity Report.
- Communicates and coordinates outside activities with outside operators, including extruder operator, and the product loading area operators.
- Acts as a resource for other Technicians on job tasks and prioritization of work activities. Performs tasks assigned per task list, accurately completing all required paperwork.
- Performs all duties with a high degree of dedication to safety and environmental stewardship.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Six months experience working in a chemical plant environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A current, valid, United States drivers license.
- Capable of the physical demands related to this position, including frequent walking, standing working in confined spaces, climbing ladders/scaffolding to perform elevated work, repetitive motion, and occasional lifting of weights up to 60 pounds.
- Flexibility to work potential overtime, if needed (including weekends and holidays), given advanced notice.
- Be able to complete self-paced computer based training.
- Have general computer skills necessary to operate SharePoint and Microsoft Office.
- Be able to drive a fork-lift
- Solid inventory management skills
- Solid organizational skills•
Preferred Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 2 years of chemical plant operator experience.
- Process Technology degree.
- Previous Polyolefin operations experience.
***Starting rate: $29.55/hr
Must be currently eligible to work in the United States without the need for any type of sponsorship. Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after final dose) and present proof of vaccination by start date if offered employment with Braskem. The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified candidates and employees pursuant to applicable law. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation as part of the application process please contact the Talent Acquisition team.