1) Reviewing patient’s charts to gather medical information
2) Completing necessary forms required by insurance companies for precerts
3) Faxing medical records and requests to insurance companies
4) Calling insurance companies to verify coverage and obtain precerts
5) Communicating with patients regarding any issues or questions concerning precerts of their tests or surgery.
6) Entering precert requests on line with insurance companiesRequirements:
1. Interpersonal skills necessary in order to deal effectively and courteously with patients and families and insurance companies, exchange patient related information with a variety of clinical personnel and interact effectively with the physicians.
2. Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail when reviewing patient data in computer system and entering appointments.
3. Must be able to multi task
Knowledge of billing and insurance policies
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.