Polymers/Specialty Plastics Operations Helpers
Founded in 1920, Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2022 revenues of approximately $10.6 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
Operations Helper Duties:
- Works under the general supervision of a team manager/coach.
- Responsible for packaging and loading finished product into warehouse or onto tank cars/trucks.
- Operates forklift.
- Responsible for unloading and unpacking raw materials arriving at the plant.
- Responsible for preparing orders for shipment.
- Responsible for routine housekeeping/safety/environmental inspections.
- Materials Handling Helpers routinely.
- Climb ladders and tank cars/trucks.
- Walk on catwalks.
- Open and close valves.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have valid drivers license.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Workkeys assessment preferred at time of hire.
- Must have achieved Eastman’s required score levels on the WorkKeys assessments within 12 months of hire date.
- Workkeys required score levels:
- Reading for Information / Workplace Documents – Level 6
- Locating Information / Graphic Literacy – Level 5
- Applied Mathematics – Level 6
- Must successfully pass a Post Offer Employment Test to ensure ability to perform Essential Elements of the job, including demonstration of the ability to perform actual and/or simulated job tasks specific to this role. This test will be administered by the Health Fitness Corporation prior to the administration of Eastman’s pre-placement medical examination.
- Must follow all safety procedures.
- Must wear company-provided personal protective equipment such as safety shoes, safety glasses with side shields, and hard hats at all times in designated areas. Dust mask, rubber gloves, face shields, and other protective equipment must be worn when required.
- If required, must work a twelve (12) hour rotating shift schedule.
- Must be willing to work overtime as required.
- Be familiar with basic computer functions such as creating, sending, and receiving e-mail and data entry.
- Have a strong work ethic, demonstrating both initiative and a professional attitude.
- Must have clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to apply mechanical fundamentals to properly operate and maintain the performance of the equipment within area of responsibility.
- Must be able to perform the essential elements of the positions with or without reasonable accommodations. Physical requirements include the following:
- Frequently lifting, pushing, and or pulling 55-lb bags
- Pulling up to 95-lb occasionally
- Carrying 10-lb samples frequently
- Standing and walking continuously with limited sitting
- Bending, squatting, twisting, and reaching above shoulders frequently
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.