Picker/Packer Job in Universal Companies
Reports to: Fulfillment Manager
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Incumbent has the responsibility and accountability for picking and/or packing all customer orders from picking tickets.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Picks and/or packs product from inventory bins for customer order fulfillment.
- Consistently picks and/or packs orders in an accurate, concise and timely manner.
- Ensures that product picked and/or packed is of the highest quality and damaged product and/or equipment is not shipped to customer.
- Transports picked orders to the packing line area for packing.
- Effectively utilizes warehouse design to minimize time spent walking to each bin location.
- Follows protocol for first-in, first-out on all products picked and informs restock when stock levels are low.
- Consistently performs self-checks to ensure accuracy of order fulfillment.
- Works in conjunction with restock to report stock bin discrepancies and resolve any shipping concerns.
- Receives and answers inquiries in a polite, pleasant and timely manner.
- Attends and participates in departmental and company meetings.
- Performs other project work, duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action which may be taken.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent education.
- Must have general understanding of pick tickets; be knowledgeable of product and equipment and familiar with stock bin locations for inventory items.
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all required documentation.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., bend, stretch, climb ladders and squat.
- Must possess organizational and math skills and be detail oriented.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent education
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Incumbent will also perform other reasonably related job responsibilities as assigned by management as required. This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. Moreover, management reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, or working schedules based on their duty to accommodate individuals with disabilities. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
We offer great benefits like:
- Company discretionary bonus plan
- 401(k) with company match
- Competitive benefits package (healthcare / dental / vision / LTD / life / supplemental)
- Personal, vacation, and sick time
- Professional development
- Discounted spa products
- Wellness programs
- Employee / family events
- Beautiful location*
There are many areas of opportunity for a career with Universal Companies, so please contact us at [email protected] to find out how you could grow with us.
- Universal Companies is at home in the historic small town of Abingdon, Virginia, which is nestled in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Southwest Virginia and was voted one of the top two “Best Southern Small Towns” by USA Today readers in 2015.